How often do they run 50% deposits?

jdcml

So the other thread out here today brought the current sale to my attention. We don't cruise nearly as often as a lot of others, and I don't get marketing mail from Carnival because I don't want them to keep rubbing it in my face :rolleyes:.

So this 50% deposit sale looks pretty good! We are looking at a group of probably 20+ and many are bookings of 4 which could really take advantage of a $500 vs $1000 depo. This offer is set to end on the 30th and doubt we can get a consensus by then.

Any thoughts on how often they run a 50% deposit? Is it just a few times a year typically? Any idea when they last ran it? Of course they are trying to get people to book fast with the short window - wish we could!

Another approach...with 20+ people you'll be able to form a group and get reduced group deposits if you're booking far enough in advance. That will help everyone spread out payments as well and you'll get the amenity points for being a group. Use a good travel agent that specializes in groups to have one point of contact for everyone.

Another approach...with 20+ people you'll be able to form a group and get reduced group deposits if you're booking far enough in advance. That will help everyone spread out payments as well and you'll get the amenity points for being a group. Use a good travel agent that specializes in groups to have one point of contact for everyone.

We looked into this for our group but found the group benefits aren't what they used to be. We decided it was better for everyone to just book their own Early Saver fare. Price drops were great and we have no regrets :) oh and we got the Early Saver on a 50% deposit sale in the summer, win! I've noticed the 50% off or $50 deposit running almost monthly, though less now than in the summer.

You can now book any rate into a group and still get the amenity points and one free berth for every 8 rooms. Even Early Saver can be booked into groups now. Carnival changed this policy about a year ago. I do it all the time for my clients so they get the amenity points, free berth and whatever sale is currently running.