Majesty

Thought we would be landlubbers next year (hotel stay in Ibiza in July) but have been talked into booking the Majesty for September next year (Adriatic cruise) with a group of friends. We have never been on the Majesty before and would appreciate any input on best deck and cabin choice. As there will be six of us I don't suppose we will be in the cabin much. I would also like advice on whether to wait till after Christmas to book. We could have saved a packet waiting until Feb or March when we booked the Dream last year. Do the Adriatic cruises fill up quickly? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Don't know what to do for the best. I would imagine there would still be availability for the lower decks after the Christmas holidays and, as we would be leaving from Scotland, the flights should be okay in September. I think its a case of keeping an eye on the prices every week and watching for them to drop.

Advice: pay for an upgrade to a 'Plus' cabin. The standard ones are very, very small with insufficient storage imo. We are generally happy to go with a standard inside cabin but in this case would definitely pay to get more space - although we coped. Also pay to book a cabin (sailaway's thread of cabin reviews will help also personal recommendations from other CCers) and steer clear of the aft of Deck 4. It's the noisiest cabin area I've ever heard on a ship. We were midships Deck 4 though and it was lovely and quiet - worth paying a little bit extra to be sure to avoid that area in the stern.

I think these cruises have historically tended to hold their price of even go up as the itineraries in and around the Adriatic are brilliant but as Sheila said, having two ships in that area could take the pressure off (same demand but more supply of cabins!) therefore prices may not rise so much if at all. But who knows - I'd love a crystal ball! :D

Good luck with securing a deal you're happy with - great itinerary - enjoy! :)

We have had outside plus cabin 426 twice and booked it again for next year. Definitely have an outside plus :)

When to book? Who knows ;) We booked, last week, for June next year due to £75 off per booking and £210 per couple drinks package, so worth looking on the Thomson website for offers.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I will add that I've always found September to be the month you are least likely to find any big reductions.

I think it's because those that can avoid school holidays and then are all desperate to go away when they return.

Edited by happy v