Insurance - Premiums and Benefits

GlennG

When I feel and broke my wrist in two places the night before we were to fly to Ft Lauderdale, cancelled the next morning, everything was credited right back to my credit card.

Same thing last winter when we had to cancel as all flights were cancelled for 3 1/2 days due to a major snow storm.

A number of years ago with our Christmas cruise out of Ft Lauderdale - there was a massive snow storm up north shutting down all of the airports for 3 days or so. Over 400 passengers missed the cruise as a result. Insurance is a wonderful thing.

We recently canceled our Nov 7 cruise due to DH and a health issue. All of the $$ were credited back to our credit card.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I just got an e-mail from our TA. She says the company she sells isn't HAL's but another and it covers us for "immediate" family death. I have e-mailed her back as the person in question is a BIL by marriage only.

He is actually my husband's sister's husband. I am not so sure this qualifys as "immediate"!

I am waiting for her to e-mail me back. DH says we need to just "book the cruise". He says that afterall we have been there for him and his children for all these years, since my husband's sister's death a number of years ago. If something happens our daughter (an attorney) can handle anything until we get back/ get there if ins covers it.

That brings up another question. Can they call the ship to contact us if we are already on the cruise??? Our phones will be OFF and we may or may not check our e-mail. Has anyone ever gotten a call like this and what did you do?

Thanks again

Hi, you will get info re your ship's international phone number & other important numbers when you sign up for your boarding passes & should give those to your relatives. We had a message on our cabin phone from our son that DH's mom had a trip to hospital at end of our cruise in Alaska. When we called HAL's front desk they offered us ship's phone for a call to our son if we needed to go back. He said no as our daughter flew there, things were under control. HAL said they could arrange a flight if needed. We opted to finish as it was only 1 more day to final port. But we know of the stress you go through!

...Can they call the ship to contact us if we are already on the cruise??? Our phones will be OFF and we may or may not check our e-mail...

Yes, messages can be sent from HAL in Seattle or your family could call the ship (including while at sea) directly.

Scott & Karen