Day Room?

ddcile55

We are coming to Tampa for a cruise and we leave the ship in the morning...our return flight is not till 7:30 pm that evening.

Is there such a thing as a "day room" at a hotel to keep our luggage,and may be site see a bit, then take a nap before we go to the airport?? ;)

It just seems such a long time to tote our luggage and try to enjoy our last day on vacation! Any ideas??

ddcile5 ( Diana)

I like day rooms when I will be jet lagged, but if just waiting around during the day time with little time difference I would just opt for a rental car that you pick up near the port and drive around and you can leave your luggage in the car while you sight-see, have lunch, shop, etc.

A day room can be a lifesaver in certain situations. I had a cruise departing IST this summer, but was working in SFO. I couldn't get a FF premium cabin award on the non-stop SFO-FRA so I ended up taking the red-eye from SFO-ORD and wasn't connecting on till later that afternoon so nearly 8 hours to kill between a two red eyes. I spent $89 for a day room at the Westin ORD where I got about 4 hours worth a sleep in a comfortable bed, a nice shower then got the last bit of work that I needed to get done before hopping my plane.

Opted for the day room, 11:00 am to 5 pm. Cost $38.50, free shuttle from cruise to hotel, free shuttle to airport! They have a room for us, pool and hot shower. We can leave our luggage, site see in the area if we care too, have lunch, swim, take a nap and shower!

Works for us! I am a little leary of driving a rental car around Tampa with all the construction etc when I don't know my way around! ( it was way more expensive and time intensive for the car )!

Everyone does what works for them, and this works for us! :)

Thanks everyone for their input! Got a lot of good ideas here & from others, weighed all the options and decided on this!

After our trip we will come back on and tell u all how it worked out!! :)

Thanks again Diana

Edited by ddcile55