Day Room

ddcile55

We are coming to Tampa for a cruise and we leave the ship in the morning...our return flight is not till 7:30 pm that evening.

Is there such a thing as a "day room" at a hotel to keep our luggage,and may be site see a bit, then take a nap before we go to the airport??

It just seems such a long time to tote our luggage and try to enjoy our last day on vacation! Any ideas??

ddcile5 ( Diana)

We are coming to Tampa for a cruise and we leave the ship in the morning...our return flight is not till 7:30 pm that evening.

Is there such a thing as a "day room" at a hotel to keep our luggage,and may be site see a bit, then take a nap before we go to the airport??

It just seems such a long time to tote our luggage and try to enjoy our last day on vacation! Any ideas??

ddcile5 ( Diana)

You already asked this question on a different board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2120473

At least two or three times, we booked a hotel room for night before we arrived back in port/or flew into a European city. We would advise the hotel we would not be checking in until the early morning and to not call us 'no shows'. When we arrived at the hotel, of course, because we had paid for the overnight, our room was waiting for us and we were brought to it immediately. When we only wanted the room for the day, we confirmed a late check out so could shower and change and head to the airport but had to check out about 4 P.M.

We always did a pre-cruise stay at embarkation port and were not secure about flying in same day as the cruise boarded. We also, almost all the time, did a post cruise stay and flew home a day or two later.

Edited by sail7seas

Asking on another thread actually got me many different answers and I did it on purpose !:p

This is what we came up with:

Opted for the day room, 11:00 am to 5 pm. Cost $38.50, free shuttle from cruise to hotel, free shuttle to airport! They have a room for us, pool and hot shower. We can leave our luggage, site see in the area if we care too, have lunch, swim, take a nap and shower!

Works for us! I am a little leary of driving a rental car around Tampa with all the construction etc when I don't know my way around! ( it was way more expensive and time intensive for the car )!

Everyone does what works for them, and this works for us!

Thanks everyone for their input! Got a lot of good ideas here & from others, weighed all the options and decided on this!

After our trip we will come back on and tell u all how it worked out!!

Thanks again Diana

Sail7seas :

I liked your way of booking, but I was able to get a cheaper rate by just asking for a day room. If the hotel did'nt have day rooms your idea would have worked as long as we could guarantee a late check out!! :) I will keep your idea in mind for the future!!

Thanks,

Diana

A room for $38 seems hard to beat. I cannot imagine what it could be. :eek: That's usually at least the price of taxes on the room. :eek:

Hope it works out well for you.

Have a great cruise.

We loved sailing out of Tampa.