Boarding with minors?

Pear822

Hi,

We have a group of 17 family members going on the Explorer New Years cruise. Our teenage son is booked in a cabin with his aunt as the over 21 adult. She will be arriving at the terminal much later in the day than we will be. Will he be allowed to board early in the day with us if his aunt isn't there at the same time to check them into their cabin? Do we have to wait for her to arrive so that they can check in together?

Thanks for any help!

Julie

My family and I did similar in January 2014 on the Enchantment out of Port Canaveral. We had my 7 year old son reserved in a cabin with my 23 year old son. We printed 2 copies of the setsail pass and kept the 7 year old with us. The elder son checked in with a different representative, and was asked about the 2nd passenger. He explained that the second is a minor boarding with his parents and had no other issues. We weren't even asked about the adult passenger when checking in our 7 year old.

If you're really concerned I would suggest calling either Royal or the port authority or both and asking. Im sure you'll get a better guideline from them.