Triumph Balcony Cabins

mollynmax

yes, there are some that are worse than others.

those that may be above or below the lido deck, or entertainment spaces like the piano bar or dance club come to mind.

there are not really 'obstructed view' balconies like on spirit class ships, nor coves on dream class ships.

you'd have to post a specific stateroom or a list of potentials to get the kind of feedback that would warrant 'oh no don't do that, you're under the xxx'

some things matter to more than others, and some considerations are more important to other others, what is important to you?

and what is it that you're questioning? :)

This is my 10th Carnival cruise, but my first balcony - in the past I have always gone oceanview (mainly for the price). But they ran a Halloween sale, and a balcony cabin was pretty much the same as my favorite oceanview cabin (an oversized aft cabin), so I went for it. BUT... they get to pick the cabin!!!

Then I panicked - I LOVE my Triumph 2457 cabin - love to watch the ship's wake, & the cabin is HUGE. Turned into one of those "OMG -what did I do" moments!

Has anyone had a really CRAPPY balcony cabin? If so, HOPEFULLY we won't get it!!! Thanks for any comments!!!

This is my 10th Carnival cruise, but my first balcony - in the past I have always gone oceanview (mainly for the price). But they ran a Halloween sale, and a balcony cabin was pretty much the same as my favorite oceanview cabin (an oversized aft cabin), so I went for it. BUT... they get to pick the cabin!!!

Then I panicked - I LOVE my Triumph 2457 cabin - love to watch the ship's wake, & the cabin is HUGE. Turned into one of those "OMG -what did I do" moments!

Has anyone had a really CRAPPY balcony cabin? If so, HOPEFULLY we won't get it!!! Thanks for any comments!!!

There really is no "crappy" balcony cabins. We do prefer mid-ship or back though. Balconies up toward the front of the ship can have a little more rocking and movement. We once had a balcony cabin almost at the back of the ship. My first thought was Uh Oh !!! It turned out to be my favorite cabin. Little or no movement and very quite at night. We loved it. ;)

We last traveled on the Conquest and stayed in balcony on lido deck. We stayed in first rooms - right by the entrance of slide and by open area. We loved it. We are traveling on Triumph in Jan and have the same location rooms. We are in 9289. We love this location.

So glad to hear - I was more worried about not having a good view, than the location. I have cruised all the way forward to all the way aft, & while I prefer aft, no problems with anything in between - thanks for the reassurance!!!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

8th cruise completed last week.

Ocean view suite balcony stateroom was awful!!

Yes the balcony was filthy! After they washed it down in port of Progreso the widows were untouched filthy could not see out of them, give the cabin stewards a squeegee would be a simple solution. The chairs with adjustable backs were gone too.

The rest of the suite was in awful disrepair with broken draws, trash on the floor for days after several cleanings and it was trash from the prior guest, my wife found trash under the bed that creeped her out, the mattress did not cover the bed frame and I have numerous scrapes, scratched and skin gone due to passing by the foot of the bed, shelve broken in refrigerator, front door kept popping open after we locked it we would come back to find our cabin open and unlocked, bed very uncomfortable and staff scarcely around, suite is not worth the money.

I think the bad press they have been getting has cut their business and revenue and they had to make cutbacks and cut corners so we will not be spending our money with them anymore also. The ship in general was in much needed repair and cleaning, food quality was way down, choice was fewer, things that use to be included like in stateroom movies are now pay per view not free, customer service was short and shirty, this was the first time I felt like clawing back the tips due to poor service and they no longer give you a survey probably because they know they would get ripped on everything.

I do not recommend cruising with Carnival or at least not this ship till they get it fixed and better management in charge.