Cruising the MED: ship choice

kkpcruiser

Hi

I'm wondering if I can get some feedback from either cruisers who have done the Mediterranean out of Barcelona on Epic or on any ship for that matter.

I'm trying to price out a cruise in May, June or July out of Barcelona on either NCl's EPIC or RCL's Allure. I look at this as a pretty port intensive cruise so I'm trying to decide how much the ship itself means to us.

EPIC is significantly less costly than Allure for a balcony. We have been on EPIC for a Caribbean and we have been on Oasis. We really enjoyed both ships and their offerings but having seen the main shows on the EPIC, I was leaning to the Allure...until I realized the price difference.

The other factor slightly putting this to Allure is our status with RCl and access to the Diamond lounge. We are not big drinkers but def enjoy cocktails in the Diamond club around dinner time. However for the price diff....i could prob buy all those martinis:).

I wonder if Epic tweaks their shows and entertainment for a European itinerary?

Thanks in advance for any comment or observations

The entertainment will be different on the European cruises. No more Second City and they will bring on cultural entertainment specific to the port.

I think if the cost is that much cheaper, go with the EPIC, just make sure the ports you want to visit on on the itinerary.

We took the NCL Epic Med cruise 2 years ago and yes very port intensive!

We had a lovely balcony cabin and we only went to one show as we were so exhausted each day! And I don't remember the show!

Instead we would go to the bar with the "drink of the day special" we liked and have one before dinner, often there would be a piano player or a guitar player to enjoy.

Then after dinner a little stroll and then head back to the cabin and have a glass of wine on our balcony and go to sleep!

Our one sea day was very nice and relaxing at the H20 area, really nice to sit in the hot tub and see the coast along side us!

I would go with itinerary and price and for the price the Epic was great!