?? Prohibition & Lafite Wine Tasting

avlski

Good Day, Planning on sailing on Oasis of Sea (31 Jan 2015). Looking at activities....

Wondering - what they are? What is Prohibition ? If you participated, what is your opinion?

Also, Lafite Wine Tasting ? Opinions?

Thank you in advance! Annie

Good Day, Planning on sailing on Oasis of Sea (31 Jan 2015). Looking at activities....

Wondering - what they are? What is Prohibition ? If you participated, what is your opinion?

Prohibition is a 20's-style speakeasy party in the Jazz club. It includes unlimited drinks, entertainment, dancing, and some 20's style touches. Many people dress up for it.

I haven't been yet, but have ready a bunch of reviews, and everyone seemed to have a great time. We signed up for it for our February 7th Oasis sail.

I completely agree with The above poster about the Lafite wines. Not very good and the servers really were not wine knowledgeable The wine servers in Vintages are great and the wine flights really are a good value. They are fun and we learned a lot.

Margee

My DM, MIL and I did the Prohibition Party last January on Allure. We brought costumes, had pictures done on the promenade in front of the car. There were about 30 people who attended the event...all ages and about 3/4 in costume. Staff and musicians were in costume, and really made it fun for all of us. I don't want to give away too much of the surprise but lets just say there's a scripted scene that's acted out and involves the whole group. It was lots of fun...don't need to be a drinker to appreciate... but the drinks definitely loosened up the group. It would be the most fun if you had your own large group to attend, like a family reunion or wedding party to be able to take fun pics and dance together.

Lisa

We did the Prohibition Party on the Allure a couple of years ago. they have a number of activities planned with crowd participation but you don't necessarily have to participate. There is a live band playing 20's music and they teach you how to do the charleston so that everyone could dance. Some people were dressed up to the hilt with flapper dresses and feathers and gangster outfits and others were not. You get an invite to the party with a password to get in etc...they make it fun. We had fun. I don't like gin, so I asked for vodka. It's all you can drink with a few hors d'oeuvres.