can i use master card points to pay off a cruise from another line

pj woods

i am closing in on having 1500 dollars in credit on my carnival master card. is there anyway to use the points to pay off my oasis of the sea cruise.

I noticed that that option to get a statement credit is no longer there like it used to be. There appears to be 4 options: 1) onboard gifts 2) gift cards/certificates 3) shop for merchandise and 4) pay for your carnival cruise. You could try giving them call but I think you are SOL if the cruise is not on a Carnival ship.

So glad we switched over to the Barclay Arrival Card. You get 2 points per $ spent and the points can be redeemed in a variety of ways including statement credits with the best bang for your buck being travel related.

Mmmm. Now you have me thinking. We have a RC master card and due to their prices, we've moved to sailing with Carnival. We have points now we'll never use on the RC card. I wonder if they could be moved to Carnival? Also, can we sign up for a Carnival card while on the ship? Don't you get even more points if you do it while sailing? I'm going to call tonight and see what I can find out.

You have 6 months from a qualified purchase on Carnival brands to redeem for a statement credit and can redeem all points against the purchase - not just the ones earned on the purchase.

You could use the points to pay off a Princess cruise.

Edited by andy.capitan

Mmmm. Now you have me thinking. We have a RC master card and due to their prices, we've moved to sailing with Carnival. We have points now we'll never use on the RC card. I wonder if they could be moved to Carnival? Also, can we sign up for a Carnival card while on the ship? Don't you get even more points if you do it while sailing? I'm going to call tonight and see what I can find out.

Cards are through different banks - a double whammy.

You can sign up for the Carnival card on the cruise but I think all you get extra is a Carnival bag. They might have a promotion though.

But how do you do that. I cant find where you have the option pay the bill with points only certain purchases.

When you sign in on line at the far right it gives you an option to Manage rewards. After you click on that use the tab that says redeem now under the Carnival ship. When you click on that it will bring up all options you have to apply your points toward that has been on your statement. I know mine will bring up airlines and hotels but I'm not sure about other cruise lines. Once you see the list you can click on any of them and it will tell you what you can do as far as a credit. If you have a $1500 charge on there you can get 1.5 dollars per point other wise it will be a one for exchange. So 100,000 points gets a $1500 credit and 50,000 points gets a $500 credit. When you get there it's easy to use.