Magen's Bay

JustKeri86

Whats the best way to get to and from Magen's Bay? Sailing in less then 2 weeks and really don't want to pay for an excursion to bring us shopping for 2 hours then the beach for 2. Would love more flexibility of doing it on our own. It will be me my husband and 2 kids (4&2). Docking at 11am Leaving at 6pm All suggestions welcome

TIA

Keri

• 2 weeks later...

I went there 2 days ago. No chairs, no umbrellas. Everyone sat on towels. Water was ok. Bathrooms ok. There was one operation renting kayaks and paddle boards. Guy renting was friendly and helpful. $10 pp for taxi ride each way and $4 pp over 12 years old to enter beach. There was an open air bar at one end and I did see servers walking the beach. $15 minimum on cc purchases. Overall opinion...if I go back to stt, I would go to a different beach. It was $166 for 4 adults and 2 kids and we were ready to go back after about 40 minutes and we are beach people (kids are 8 years old).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time we went there you could rent chairs from the concessions for $5 or $7. Is this something new?

Edited by YorN