Anyone on Oasis Eastern last week?

beckyjohns

We're headed on our cruise in a couple weeks. Can anyone confirm whether the ship stayed on EST (Ft Lauderdale time) while in St Thomas and St Martin? Or whether the ship changed to Atlantic time (local)?

Specifically, in St Thomas, we are scheduled to be in port 10AM-7PM. Does this mean we dock at 10AM local time (which would be 9AM EST)? Or do we dock at 11AM local time (which would be 10AM EST)?

I'm trying to coordinate with a local company and want to make sure we all agree on the meeting time!!

from what I understand you ALWAYS stay on SHIPS TIME, which is the time from the original port, FLL. We are on Oasis in March, and were on Allure a few years back, And all cruises Ive been too, we stay on ships time, but you could verify with RCC by calling.

from what I understand you ALWAYS stay on SHIPS TIME, which is the time from the original port, FLL. We are on Oasis in March, and were on Allure a few years back, And all cruises Ive been too, we stay on ships time, but you could verify with RCC by calling.

You always stay on ship time but we have had it work both ways where the ship does, or does not, change to local time. It all depends on the ship and who is in charge of such decisions.

Edited by Ocean Boy

We were on the eastern last week and we stayed on ship time at all ports.

So, are the docking times shown on the cruise itinerary ship times (in your case, eastern) or local times? On your St Thomas day cruise compass, did it say you would arrive at 10AM or 9AM?

:):)

We're headed on our cruise in a couple weeks. Can anyone confirm whether the ship stayed on EST (Ft Lauderdale time) while in St Thomas and St Martin? Or whether the ship changed to Atlantic time (local)?

Specifically, in St Thomas, we are scheduled to be in port 10AM-7PM. Does this mean we dock at 10AM local time (which would be 9AM EST)? Or do we dock at 11AM local time (which would be 10AM EST)?

I'm trying to coordinate with a local company and want to make sure we all agree on the meeting time!!

Yep, I was on the ship. They always stay on Eastern. We rolled our clocks back the first night, just like Eastern did, and then stayed on that for the rest of the cruise. Maarten is on Atlantic time, so be careful :)

Yep, I was on the ship. They always stay on Eastern. We rolled our clocks back the first night, just like Eastern did, and then stayed on that for the rest of the cruise. Maarten is on Atlantic time, so be careful :)

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!!! I just wanted to confirm that we're actually arriving at 11AM local time in St Thomas and 9AM local time in St Maarten.

I will just add the locals know when Oasis/Allure arrives and if your running late they will know and wait. The running time from Nassau to St Thomas can var a bit with weather and other issues. The tour operators are pretty good an knowing what is going on with the ship and will likely be there.