Mystery hotel

smurf1635

Considering using one of the travel sites that offer "mystery" hotels. Have used them many times and always have had a great hotel. I need a room in Ft Lauderdale, but am unsure of which "area" I need to look at.

A few years back I ended up with Hyatt Convention Center, but I'm not seeing any "convention center" area to select.

For the life of me, I don't remember how we got to the ship, but I do know the hotel offered transportation from the airport.

Thanks much

Which site are you looking at? What date? Budget?

As Blueherons says, downtown or beach area are best. But if you look at the maps, the beach extends quite north of the port. Use the betterbidding site for hotel lists in specific areas and star ratings for hints.

If you are landing at FLL, then the cab rate to the port is only about $15. So your ride to a hotel in those areas will be close give or take a few dollars. Don't book a hotel based on shuttle service. The area is small and cab fares as you see are reasonable.

Hyatt Place convention center is rarely on the discount sites. Use valuetrips.com for that hotel. But beware of peak weekend blackout dates listed.