Same dress for both formal nights

ejhall

I think it's a fine idea to wear the same outfit both nights if it's important for you to save room in your luggage. Plus, who cares what anybody thinks? I kinda doubt that their opinions matter all that much when it comes to repeat outfits in the whole scheme of things. :)

I made a new friend on a cruise many years ago. She wore her attactive formal gown on both formal nights. I did notice and once it registered, that was the last thought I had about it. I'm still a firm believer in "As long as you look nice, why would anyone care what you are wearing". :)

I too have brought one skirt and 2 tops. I had a table mate who wore a black coctail dress both nights on one cruise. She wore diff. jewelry and looked nice and my guess is only her table mates even noticed it was the same dress and not all of them. Men would never notice. I do think as long as it is a simple neutral color no one will notice, even if they notice if they are like me they won't care and just think this is a praticial person. Much prefer that to someone wearing jeans or shorts or anything else as unapproiate.

I had planned to wear 2 different formals on our last cruise. I wore the one I loved the 1st formal night & our pictures did not turn out at all. The one thing I wanted from the trip was a nice picture of us on formal night! So I wore the same dress the next formal night so we could get a good picture. And we did. It was the dress both my husband & I liked and now I wish I had just brought the one. Another woman at our table wore the same dress twice also--it was purple. And I am only sure about that because I have the pictures. I'm sure no one else noticed or cared. Shari

A couple years ago I discovered the glitzy metallic stretch gowns, usually with a jacket. These are high end dresses, one is a champagne color and the other one is a turquoise. You can ball these gowns and jackets in the corner of your suitcase and you take them out and hang them up and they look fabulous. The only problem is that I need to lose 20 more pounds before I can get into them again. :o

I vote for one outfit also, if that's what works for you.

I brought 2 last time, and if I can find 2 to fit me for my next cruise, great. If I only find one, I'll wear it 2 nights. I know there are some people who have a problem with that, but I refuse to share their problem. We had a woman in her 6th month of pregnancy at her table. She had a skirt and 2 blouses for the formals. Just try to find 2 maternity formals!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be in the minority here but I take two different dresses for formal night. It is easier for me to pack two things instead of three in the case of a long skirt and two different blouses. But my dresses are easy to pack and they don't wrinkle.:)

Has anyone been on Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan? If so, what did you wear? Did you have time to swim at the beach?

Archived