Same dress for both formal nights

ejhall

I'd like some opinions on wearing the same dress for both formal nights? I'd love to only pack one formal dress and shoes if possible.

Celebrity Infinity 9/5/04 (I can't wait! Woohoo!)

Celebrity Mercury 6/12/98

I have a silver formal skirt and two blouses. One is pink/silver and the other white/silver in different styles. I have a pair of silver slingbacks. It is so much less to pack that way and it looks entirely different each time.

I have i pair of black fly away pants, one pair of black shoes and two tops one silver sequin the other white sequin. This works well for me. A lot less to pack. My husband takes one suit and 2 shirts, and two ties. I think it would be find to wear the one dress on the two different nights. Have a great cruise. Teresa

I think one dress for both formal nights is a great idea.

I just got off the Legend and wish I had done just that. To be honest I have no idea what the people at my table wore any night because I can't remember. So why not wear the same thing both nights. People won't remember or care.

i am going to do the same next cruise. i have a black skirt that i am going wear with a sequined or glitzy top. the second night i will have different jewlery and a long scarf to accesorize it and i can buy that cheap on the ship in the gift shop. i am certain if someone did notice (which i doubt) they would be too polite to say anything or care.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

I think you'll be fine. A few years ago when I was pregnant and was on a cruise, I wore the same outfit both nights and no one seemed to notice.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

This is the fashion board, right? Most people here have a love for fashion, or are asking for help in selecting their fashions. I will not be bothered if anyone wears the same dress twice, and I am certainly much too polite to mention it. Trust me though, I am observant. IF I notice you the first night and see you again the second time around, I will remember!! ggg

Please take this lightly, I have been known to repeat items of clothing myself. If it doesn't bother you, it certainly doesn't concern me.

Last year on our Glory cruise we had a couple at our table who flew from Colorado with only 1 duffle type carryon each. They repeated outfits not only on formal nite but several other nights as well. It was actually my husband who noticed and his comment to me was, "why can't you pack like that for us? icon_biggrin.gif We had a fun table and could care less what anyone wore as long as it was clean & neat.

Halloween on the Serenade

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;30;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Well I would say it depends on the color. Nearly everybody and their Mother wears black and if you change your accessories no one will notice and the outfit will look fresh. Now if you are wearing say orange polka dots then it will be obvious. But even if you are wearing the polka dots there is nothing wrong with wearing an outfit twice, if you desire. I have one evening dress that flatters me and whatever else I wear the other nights never looks as good. I always wish I was wearing my favorite. The main thing is have a good time.

New to this thread - hey everybody. So from what I'm hearing, I could get by with the long black skirt I was planning to pack, along with two different dressy tops to wear for the two formal nights. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm the type that loves to get dressed up on occasion, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation and don't want to "bother" with stuff. On the other hand, I don't want to be looked at or feel like a fish out of water, so I"m looking for a happy medium. I think the long black skirt and two tops would do. Please confirm or correct. Thanks.

If you feel that you look good in what you have, don't worry about how many times you wear it. On a cruise, you are with people you probably won't see again, anyway.

Now....last month we were invited to my friend's son's wedding. It was an all-out affair and I wore my "uniform" Two years ago, I wore the same "uniform" to her daughter's wedding. So when they look at the pictures....(lol) I'll have on the same thing!!!

It's my formal for summer and I still love it. Actually, I looked around the room and still like what I wore best!!! That's a good buy...and I will keep on wearing it until I no longer feel good in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Grayce:

My gown is also red!! On our last cruise I wore it twice and loved it both times. As we were saying our goodbyes to our table mates on the last night one of the elderly gentlemen at our table told me never to get rid of my red gown ;)

If it does not bother you, why would you worry what others might think? And if other women do notice, chances are they will be saying, wow this lady has the grace and elegance to carry off wearing the same dress twice, wish I had her flair and most of all the self confidence to do the same. I applaud you for setting your own standards. Plus, that gives you more room in your suitcase for things you buy on the cruise.;)

Annieeee

NewSeaGirl,

I think that one skirt with two very different tops is a perfect choice. It helps cut down on packing while giving you 2 different outfits.

While there's nothing wrong with wearing the same outfit twice for formal nights I personally wouldn't do it.

1. If I accidently rip or stain outfit #1, I'm stuck wearing it again.

2. Photo's won't be different. It's nice to have some good photo's of us in different looks.

Jane

As the girls know from these boards, DH and I enjoy getting away from CT and absolutely love cruising together. That being said, we like to dress for dinner. When it comes to packing, the way I look at it ;) is if I am hemming and hawing over an outfit or two, I try to decide if that will impact my packing. Most likely not.

For your outfits described, they sound nice. More importantly, have a wonderful time! :o

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised on Princess and with PC dining, did not eat with the same people on both formal nights. Next time I will only pack one formal or 2 tops with a skirt. It would have been much simpler and left more room for the little treasures that I picked up along the way.:)

Archived