Celebrity Infinity Specialty Restaurants

GrammieMame

I'm looking for comments/reviews for Q'sine and SS United States restaurants on Infinity. Trying to figure out if they are worth it. Any comments would be appreciated.

We enjoyed Qsine as a group; unsure if it would work as well with only two people? We, too, got a discount on the pp rate ;).

It has been about ten years since we sailed Infinity and ate at the SS United States restaurant. Since then much has changed but at that time it rated itself as my favorite specialty restaurant on any line. The service offered synchronized serving, and fantastic food. We were a party of four and all of us agreed that this was an outstanding experience. I am elite, so I've sailed X a lot as well as many other lines, and I've fallen in love with the S class ships, but I still have never had a better experience.

I've eaten at Qsine twice, once on Eclipse and once on Reflection; once with a party of two and once with a party of four. It was okay, but I would rather book Murano if I am only going to eat away from Blu once or twice a trip.

The menus for both restaurants are on Celebrity's web site.

If you look through these boards you'll find a lot of reviews of both. The SS United States is the same menu and style of service as Muranos, Ocean Liners, Normandy, and the Olympic as the name varies depending on which ship you're on.

Worth it? I think so. I'd go to the SS United States for sure, but after going to Qsine a few times I probably wouldn't go again. But I'd recommend it to anyone to try at least once. The attraction at Qsine is it's whimsical menu and service which is great the first time or two but wears thin, for us anyways, after dining there a few times. SS United States is more about the high end food, service and atmosphere and I'd repeat as long as they keep their standards up.

Edited by Lsimon

I don't think that Qsine is for everyone (and the Reviews prove this out)... As it echoes the latest trends in modern cuisine (molecular, playful, unique presentation). I would think it though a great place for a gathering of friends / groups vs couples as so many dishes are designed for sharing.

I would certainly check out the Menu etc before making a Reservation.

As for The SS United States... This is one of the M-Class Ocean Liners Restaurants named to Honour and showcase some of the great ships of times gone by* (Constellation = Ocean Liners - Infinity = The SS United States - Millenium = The Olympic - Summit = The Normandie). Food for all four features the Murano's Menu on the S-Class Ships. This is Taditional French Continental food & service. Very nice & extremely good.

* Make a point of visiting the Restaurant on your ship either on the first day when checking out / touring the ship... Or sometime during the day... Just to take in the decor (much of it original & historic). We have found that the Maitre Ds in particular are quite welcoming & knowledgeable and eager to show off their wonderful charge

Mr Sloop & I have fallen in love with Muranos / Ocean Liners Specialty Restaurants and eat there at least once per cruise. A little pricey, but we see it as a total experience, not just the food. So worth it for us.

You can find out more info on Celebrity's Website and the Restaurants & Cafe Pgs = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

. The SS United States is the same menu and style of service as Muranos, Ocean Liners, Normandy, and the Olympic as the name varies depending on which ship you're on.

So, I guess the synchronized service, where multiple waiters come to the table and present the plates to all guests at the same time, is no longer there. It was the only ship I'd experienced it on, and I'd been to the Olympic twice prior and Muranos several times since. Like I said, it was years ago and many things have changed.

So, I guess the synchronized service, where multiple waiters come to the table and present the plates to all guests at the same time, is no longer there. It was the only ship I'd experienced it on, and I'd been to the Olympic twice prior and Muranos several times since. Like I said, it was years ago and many things have changed.

Occasionally they still do this on the different ships but it's not like it was years ago when this was always done. In general the specialty restaurants have declined a bit both in terms of service and food from what they were 8 or 10 years ago. So comparing what they are now to what they once were is slightly disappointing. But I still think they are good enough that newer cruisers, especially one dining there for the first time, will be impressed and love it. For cruisers on their first Celebrity sailing, or on one of their first few, these are the gold old days!

Edited by Lsimon