drinks-getaway

melinda0222

We are setting sail on Jan 24 on the Getaway. I have a few questions about drinks.

1. My children do not drink soda, so there is no point in buying the soda package. During the day what is available to drink for free. Lemonade? Ice tea?

2. I see the drink of the day is around $8.75 in a special glass. What is the price of the drink of a day in a normal glass? What is the typical price of a frozen or fruity alcoholic drink in a normal glass that isn't the drink of the day?

3. We drink wine with dinner and I saw they have packages where we can buy a few bottles at a time. Can someone give me the prices. I think it says a 2, 4, 6 bottle package. Also on past cruises if I don't finish the bottle It comes back the next night. Does this still happen with the freestyle cruising? If not what happens to my bottle.

4. On the Disney cruise you can buy a drink in a special glass for like $9-10 then refills of the drink of the day were $4.75. Anything like that on the Getaway.

Thanks for the help.

Hello, Regarding the bottles of wine. As soon as we left port, a table was set up in the Atrium with the wine selections and prices. If I remember correctly, we got our 6 assorted bottles for about $15 each. They were delivered a couple of hours later to our cabin. Nice set up. We enjoyed our wine on our balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding the unfinished bottles. If you are in one of the MDR's or Specialties, they will either hold them for you until your next meal or I saw several people take the bottle back to the cabin.

Also, it was common to see people leaving the cabin with a full glass and heading down to dinner.

Also, free drinks are iced tea, lemonade, coffee and hot tea. We are big water drinkers so we also took a case of bottled water. We just zipped it into a duffel bag and put a luggage tag on it. Delivered to our room with the luggage. Great tip I picked up from Cruise Critic!

• 2 weeks later...
Is Milk included as a free beverage? We have a 1 year old and will need easy access to milk through out the day.

On all cruise lines I have been on it is free, but not openly available except at breakfast, Just ask someone in the buffet area to get it for you. You can also get the small cartons and put them in refrigerators so you can get them when you need them.