Regal sailing over Thanksgiving

WendyG

Do you make reservations for the winemakers dinner the day of boarding and if so where and how much is it. Also is it a set menu as several in our party do not eat any seafood.

We actually forgot to make them when we boarded and at dinner Monday night we asked the headwaiter. He said it was full but took our cabin # to put us on the wait list and the next day we received our invites for the Wednesday dinner. :D

It IS a set menu but the gentlemen sitting next to me does not do seafood and they made special orders for him. They changed out my appetizer to one from the MDR menu since I don't eat sushi. They're very accommodating. The cost is $40pp.

Note: 3 of us had to send our steaks back because they were overcooked, so make sure to order one down (ie: order rare if you want medium rare)

Besides Fiera, what are the other production shows on the Regal? We sailed the Royal in November and loved it. We are looking at the Regal on March 1st and wondered if the shows are different. Thanks, Bill

They had was sweet soul music (on Monday) and tonight is Spectacular.

Wendy,

Just read on the CD thread that you posted that Ron will be on the Regal until Later in January. :o

Thanks!

He is wonderful! He was at our meet and greet, what a great guy. His wife and son are on board with him this week :)

Oh - the winemakers was in the symphony dining room in the back by all the wine bottles. They have a nice room with lights and wine all around it and very comfortable chairs (seats 12)

He is wonderful! He was at our meet and greet, what a great guy. His wife and son are on board with him this week :)

Oh - the winemakers was in the symphony dining room in the back by all the wine bottles. They have a nice room with lights and wine all around it and very comfortable chairs (seats 12)

Hi Wendy....Thanks for the info. If you have time, could use see when the early seating is in the Traditional MDR (Alegro). I am on the waiting list and it says it is at 6pm on the Princess website. A Patter from an earlier sailing I believe said 5:45pm.....an accordingly to the Princess website I'm confirmed in Traditional at 5:30pm......very confusing!

Wendy, thanks for the posts! I've been reading how great the buffet is. What is lunchtime like? Not wanting a heavy lunch, salads and sandwiches are our usual. But wondering how "big" they go for lunch.

Anything new or different at breakfast?

Oh, and we too would like the times assigned for traditional dining. Our docs say 6:00 .

Edited by eandj

Hi Wendy....Thanks for the info. If you have time, could use see when the early seating is in the Traditional MDR (Alegro). I am on the waiting list and it says it is at 6pm on the Princess website. A Patter from an earlier sailing I believe said 5:45pm.....an accordingly to the Princess website I'm confirmed in Traditional at 5:30pm......very confusing!

First seating is 5:45. Late is 8:15

Wendy, thanks for the posts! I've been reading how great the buffet is. What is lunchtime like? Not wanting a heavy lunch, salads and sandwiches are our usual. But wondering how "big" they go for lunch.

Anything new or different at breakfast?

Oh, and we too would like the times assigned for traditional dining. Our docs say 6:00 .

We go to Horizon every day for a salad. They have a wonderful set up. They also have sandwiches and major meals (chicken breast, whole fish, ham, beef, the whole nine.

It's like dinner time at lunch time. way too much food but something for everyone.

Pub lunch on Tuesday and Saturday only. We're going today :D

Hi Wendy - We have enjoyed your posts very much & leave a week from today for our first cruise on the Regal and I am so excited. I do have one question, have they started putting up the Christmas decorations yet?? I love to see the ships decorated for the holidays.

Thanks -

Andrea

~~~~~~~~

I was also on this cruise (in Riviera 101), also high in the front. I thought I heard that Ron was leaving in a few weeks to go to Sapphire Princess. I will do a review in a couple of days. Just got back home to the house in Atlanta a couple of hours ago.

Wendy: thanks for the information you've provided this past week.

Posaune (missed your names on post): looking forward to your review. One thing I am curious about is the movement you felt since you mentioned Riviera 101. We will be in Lido 102 later this month and curious if the movement that far forward is really that much different than cabins back a bit further. Hoping I didn't make a mistake selecting this cabin, ending up seasick (which has never happened before). I went for the larger balcony.

Sailed Royal last December and anxious to be on the Regal this year.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi there! We like to be up front and high. We do not mind, and in fact enjoy a little motion. The benefit to us on being up front is that there is very little pedestrian traffic the farther up you go so there is not as much noise!

You do have some bow slap when you are up against a headwind as we were on this cruise, but that is even heard and felt through mid-ship cabins. We actually felt little motion.

By the way, our names are just under the picture in the signature.

Our first night was super rocky and noisy and I was really second guessing my pick of a suite in the front, however, after day 2 I didnt even notice it. Not sure if the seas settled or I just got used to it. :)

They start decorating right AFTER Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Just popping in to say hello as we sit and enjoy free wifi in the ac at diamonds international in st maarten.

Anyone sailing the regal should definitely see the show Fiera. It was superb. (Wednesday night) we also enjoyed the winemakers dinner last night. One of our dining companions was a professional opera singer and she sang a song for us which was very moving. She had a beautiful voice. It was italian night in the mdr and we dont feel we missed anything and the wine (though limited to one white and one red) poured freely.

The highlight of our day today was the tour to Tijon on the french side. You have to mix and match your choice from over 300 oils and you make your own fragrance. You make three beakers and the one you like best you name and bottle and take home. It was an awesome experience. :) not a ship tour so its on your own but they'll pick you up and take you back to the ship or downtown. You are set up in lab coats and everything, you feel like you're back in chemistry class. Very fun!

Thats it for now...shopping time :)

Would love to hear more info on arranging this excursion! Thanks

Would love to hear more info on arranging this excursion! Thanks

We booked online through shore ex dot com. It included the transfer there and back. Another lady that was there booked direct with the company but had to pay for a cab both ways and its a bit of a ride. I td her what we paid and she said she paid more including the cab.....

Richard & Catherine

Wendy

Thanks for the quick feedback on the movement up front. Hopefully there will not be too much wind on our sailing or like Wendy mentioned, I will get used to it.

We usually sail on higher decks as well, just never in a forward facing cabin so I was getting a little nervous the closer we get. Generally we just take a balcony guarantee and are happy wherever we are placed. Hoping we at least get to use the balcony as we sail away from islands, realizing it may be too windy to use on "at sea" days.

Glad you all enjoyed your cruise.

Lisa

Hey Wendy! It's Stacey :) it was great cruising with you! We are having trivia withdrawn haha!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hiya Stacey!

Well....you only have 28 days until you get to play again!

Cant find you on facebook :( try and look me up! My photo is the chefs dinner table (which is where I thought our wine dinner would be) :)

We had a great week with you guys! Hope we sail together again....

We certainly enjoyed the trivia! We made nearly all of them and mostly just as a two person team.

Never could convince the little Australian gal that Mackintosh (also mis-spelled) is not a company!

Richard & Catherine

We booked online through shore ex dot com. It included the transfer there and back. Another lady that was there booked direct with the company but had to pay for a cab both ways and its a bit of a ride. I td her what we paid and she said she paid more including the cab.....

Found it, thank you!

Hiya Stacey!

Well....you only have 28 days until you get to play again!

Cant find you on facebook :( try and look me up! My photo is the chefs dinner table (which is where I thought our wine dinner would be) :)

We had a great week with you guys! Hope we sail together again....

I can't remember your last name and didn't write it down :( I tried sending you a message but cruise critic won't let me for some reason! Will you try sending me a message?

Sent from my iPad using Forums