Question re Solo Travelling

Cruisevirgin1965

I have a quick question. A large group of us is cruising over New Year's on the Getaway. My stepdaughter is in her mid 20's and is the only one in her age group. Rest of us are either a lot older or a lot younger. She is wondering if she will be able to partake in some of the gatherings available for solo travellers. She would love to meet some friends her age rather than always hang out with the younger or older crowd. Because she isn't technically a solo traveller does anyone know if she can, or how she can access this.

Thanks!

I would tell her to go to one of the doors that leads to the studios. When I was in the getaway in August our cruise director propped open the door during that timeframe so other solo travelers could come to the lounge for the meet and greet. There have been other posts that have said they might be able to go to Guest Services and get another ship key to open the studio lounge though I cannot personally confirm nor deny that.

There is a get together in the studio lounge each afternoon before dinner where the doors are open for everyone including those not in a studio cabin.

I think for her age group it will be easier to meet people her age at different locations throughout the ship. No need to worry about that.

There is a get together in the studio lounge each afternoon before dinner where the doors are open for everyone including those not in a studio cabin.

I think for her age group it will be easier to meet people her age at different locations throughout the ship. No need to worry about that.

Yes, it's listed for 5:30 nightly.

On the first day of the cruise, have her check the Daily Program for a singles get together in one of the public lounges. The ship has one of the social staff acting like a Concierge for solo travelers but in my experience, the passengers taking the Solo Cabins tend to skew much older than your stepdaughter. I think that surprised NCL as they thought younger passengers would opt for the Studios. However, very few younger passengers sail solo, they always go with friends. She may, however, meet others like her, younger people traveling with family groups, so she should give it a try.

On the first day of the cruise, have her check the Daily Program for a singles get together in one of the public lounges. The ship has one of the social staff acting like a Concierge for solo travelers but in my experience, the passengers taking the Solo Cabins tend to skew much older than your stepdaughter. I think that surprised NCL as they thought younger passengers would opt for the Studios. However, very few younger passengers sail solo, they always go with friends. She may, however, meet others like her, younger people traveling with family groups, so she should give it a try.

I would be surprised if she met "solo" cruisers in her age group. She is more likely to just meet someone, may be with family, in their 20's but I doubt solo cruising. I might misunderstand the question but I suspect that most solo cruisers will be in their 40's up. Hope that she meets someone her age.

I would be surprised if she met "solo" cruisers in her age group. She is more likely to just meet someone, may be with family, in their 20's but I doubt solo cruising. I might misunderstand the question but I suspect that most solo cruisers will be in their 40's up. Hope that she meets someone her age.

It happens. I am 30 and cruising solo over Christmas. There's a gal in her late 20s who just posted her review of the Epic on the solo board. I remember seeing a few others here, too.

I think it's just the luck of the draw.

I've cruised solo on the Epic twice, in a studio both times. The first cruise, there was a big group of 20-30-somethings. We had a blast!

Second cruise, there were still a few 20-30-somethings, but there were a lot more older people. However, that cruise was also an 8-day instead of a 7-day...so I'm not sure whether or not that had effected anything. Who knows.

So yeah, I guess you just never know what you'll find on your cruise. :)