Carnival Victory, semi-new cruiser!

CruisinginMI

Hello all,

My husband, 1 year old daughter, myself, my parents and my brother are sailing 2-FEB to the Bahamas on our second Carnival cruise. We took our first Carnival cruise last FEB on the Liberty and enjoyed it, had no complaints, however with it being our first cruise- we had nothing to compare it to. I've read positive and negative reviews (have to be honest though, most of the reviews were negative) about the Victory and it has me worried. I understand it's an older ship and is in need of cosmetic updates. But is it really as bad as I've been reading? Can anyone share any recent photos of the interior of the ship itself? Or photos of the rooms even? We enjoyed our balcony rooms on the Liberty last year, no complaints at all, and we've booked balcony rooms on the Victory as well, mid to rear ship, 6th deck. We aren't the type of travellers who would let a poorly decorated room ruin our trip, lol, but all these reviews have me wondering if the ship is really in dire need of updates to everything or if it will be still enjoyable. Thanks! :)

We loved the victory!

Yes, the TV is old, but it worked.

Yes, the bathroom is pink, but we had good water pressure and hot water with no problems.

Yes, my drain in the shower was slow. We would wash and when we saw the water rising, turn off the shower until it went down.

Ships decor, old!

Never did the buffet. Looooong lines.

Ate breakfast every morning in dining room. So relaxing!

We left grand turk at 2p. I simply went to my cabin and we ordered room service. Shrimp Salad, warm pastrami, fruit salad, strawberry cheesecake. Nice presentation.

All dinners in dining room. Food and service excellent!

Cabin steward insisted I use my second free washing. I kept telling him I was fine its only a 5 day cruise. He wasn't taking no for an answer. Lol!

With that being said, I would recommend the Victory to friends and family. And fill them in on certain things of what to expect.:)

Cruised on the Victory in August. I found it to be a beautiful ship and it was the most fun I've had on a cruise in recent memory. I really enjoyed the adult pool area at the back of the ship - very peaceful but still lively.

The bathroom in our cabin was extremely "tired": faded tiles, old fixtures, scratched toilet bowl, etc. However, everything functioned well and was very clean. In other words, the issues weren't caused by neglect, but simply by a lot of use over the years. It was very shocking to me at first sight, but honestly, I had completely forgotten until reading your concerns just now.

Bottom line, yes-things are dated and worn, but it won't ruin your experience. The ship is scheduled for dry dock sometime this year I think. Consider yourself part of history before it gets a facelift. :)

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

My husband, 1 year old daughter, myself, my parents and my brother are sailing 2-FEB to the Bahamas on our second Carnival cruise. We took our first Carnival cruise last FEB on the Liberty and enjoyed it, had no complaints, however with it being our first cruise- we had nothing to compare it to. I've read positive and negative reviews (have to be honest though, most of the reviews were negative) about the Victory and it has me worried. I understand it's an older ship and is in need of cosmetic updates. But is it really as bad as I've been reading? Can anyone share any recent photos of the interior of the ship itself? Or photos of the rooms even? We enjoyed our balcony rooms on the Liberty last year, no complaints at all, and we've booked balcony rooms on the Victory as well, mid to rear ship, 6th deck. We aren't the type of travellers who would let a poorly decorated room ruin our trip, lol, but all these reviews have me wondering if the ship is really in dire need of updates to everything or if it will be still enjoyable. Thanks! :)

Like you, This is only my second carnival cruise, and our first cruise with children (ages 2 and 3). My husband and I splurged last time and booked a balcony and spa package on the Dream. With kids, we decided to choose a less expensive vacation, but still booked a balcony on the verandah. I worry about the negative review, but I read several good reviews too. I used the search option, using Victory, and cabin number, which pulled up several reviews that included pictures. I even lucked out and found a few that took pictures of the exact cabin our family is assigned. The room does look a bit dated, but we got assigned a pretty large baloney according to the pics. I hope the pictures are still accurate, as some were a few years old.

The Victory is supposed to be dry docked and the the 2.0 upgrades in March. Hope she does - we have he booked for May!! 😃ms

I wonder how tired and worn the beds are since they know it's going into dry dock

my last two cruises were on the Victory! loved the ship and the crew!

As far as bedding, i was in balcony cabin on lido deck, the bed was very comfortable. The aft pool was not adult only. Many kids... too many actually.. could not enjoy either pool except first thing in the am. Hot tubs the same, kids used them for pools... only used hot tubs early am. As soon as they open. In the aft pool, there was even a dad pulling his little one around on a float.... I really think the aft pools on all the ships should be adults only. Yes, there are serenity areas, but no where to cool off there.

The Serenity area on this ship is very nice. It has two large rectangular hot tubs up against the railing. And there is also a bar.