Toddler care on RCCL Ships

g3off

Hi. I posted something similar in the countdown to quantum board, but will ask this to a larger General RCCL GROUP.

I have a young child who will be 22 months old when we travel on Quantum. I am wondering what people's experiences are like with the baby sitting and care services.

We are nervous about child care particularly with private in room care. We are a bit more ok with larger group care in a more public setting. Do they do night time group care as well?

Any thoughts and details would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi. I posted something similar in the countdown to quantum board, but will ask this to a larger General RCCL GROUP.

I have a young child who will be 22 months old when we travel on Quantum. I am wondering what people's experiences are like with the baby sitting and care services.

We are nervous about child care particularly with private in room care. We are a bit more ok with larger group care in a more public setting. Do they do night time group care as well?

Any thoughts and details would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

At 22 months you can use the nursery for your little one...they provide excellent childcare from a great experienced and qualified child care staff until midnight. We recently sailed with our 17 month old grandson and was amazed at how wonderful the nursery worked.

This is great and helpful thank you! Do you know what the cost is on quantum?

More than likely it will be the same as on other RCI ships for the nursery. $6.00 per hour before 5:45pm and $8.00 per hour after that until midnight.

We just sailed on Liberty of the Seas, and found the nursery very easy to use. Our daughter is the same age as yours. There were plenty of openings any time we needed. The people working were very nice, and seemed to have fun with the kids. Our daughter did nap there once during the day, but we sent her once at night, and none of the kids slept. That was a rough night. I would suggest hiring a sitter to watch your baby in your room if you want her to actually go to sleep. One of the best things was the cell phone they gave me, which they would use if they needed to get in touch with me while watching my daughter. They never needed to call, but it was reassuring.

When you board all of the AO programs are on a table, there will be someone from the AO staff who will be able to answer questions you may have and distribute wristbands, for specific age groups.

Also they will be available at Guest Services and at the Adventure Ocean location on the ship.

We took our then 23 month old daughter on her first cruise last August on Freedom of the Seas and we reluctantly let her hang out at the nursery for two hours from 10-12midnight. She doesn't go to daycare at home so I literally cried for the first 30 minutes; however, she had the time of her life! Lol! The staff adored her and treated her so well! We started to letting her go every night after dinner and most nights she was asleep when we picked her up. I dont know anything about in-room babysitting, but Royal Tots is fantastic! :D

Wow thanks for the great reply. I'm happy to hear that and so is my wife. Our daughter goes to daycare so hopefully that's helpful for her, sounds unnecessary though! Glad everything worked out so well. I think she'll be jusssst fine, and so will we ;)

We took our then 23 month old daughter on her first cruise last August on Freedom of the Seas and we reluctantly let her hang out at the nursery for two hours from 10-12midnight. She doesn't go to daycare at home so I literally cried for the first 30 minutes; however, she had the time of her life! Lol! The staff adored her and treated her so well! We started to letting her go every night after dinner and most nights she was asleep when we picked her up. I dont know anything about in-room babysitting, but Royal Tots is fantastic! :D

This would be me. I'm thinking about taking that plunge with my infant on our upcoming cruise for just an hour or two (right after naptime, of course).