Taxi to beach to watch ships sail away?

readytolose

What would be the best way to go from embassy suites on 17th street to the beach area to watch the ships leaving port? If my directions are correct its about 2 miles from the hotel. I wouldn't mind walking that but I know DH would hate it and bitch the whole way.

What would be the best way? Taxi, trolley? Etc.

Thanks!

What would be the best way to go from embassy suites on 17th street to the beach area to watch the ships leaving port? If my directions are correct its about 2 miles from the hotel. I wouldn't mind walking that but I know DH would hate it and bitch the whole way.

What would be the best way? Taxi, trolley? Etc.

Thanks!

I would take the trolley to the park if you want to watch them from the beach but I think the top of the 17th Street Bridge has much better views. There are also benches at the top of the bridge.

These are just different views. The only way to see the ships actually go by is to go down to the beach and walk a long way south and a long way back north, due to public access restrictions to the inlet area, which is surrounded by private homes and condos. So you don't have to make so much effort, you can view them from the bridge, a view of the port. It's similar to the view you get from the top deck of a ship, but higher. Or you can view them from the public beach, where you will see the ships going out to sea. From the beach, the ships look pretty fabulous, like high rise buildings floating on their side, as they come out from behind the condos in the distance.