question about "breakaway"free restaurants

long Island

Should we stick with the "Manhattan room"or should we also book reservations in "Savor"and "Taste".....I know it's our choice but just your opinion ...thank you!

Personally I found the Manhattan room a bit loud at times to carry on any type of dinner conversation, so enjoyed trying all 3 different main dining rooms.

You'll also find the dress code more relaxed at Taste and Savor, where you can dine in the evening in shorts. Might come in handy if you don't want to put on slacks/jeans for dinner in the evening.

I've also found the dining times a bit shorter in the 2 smaller main dining rooms, of course this can depend on the night and staff.

I liked Taste/Savor over the Manhattan room. The Manhattan Room is too big and loud for my liking. I think it's fun to experience once, but I would not go to it daily. You really don't need to make reservations for the MDR's unless you're in a huge group.

Should we stick with the "Manhattan room"or should we also book reservations in "Savor"and "Taste".....I know it's our choice but just your opinion ...thank you!

Just off the breakaway today. We had a party of 8 and never needed a reservation in either the Manhattan or taste. We loved the meals in both places. I like the ambiance of the Manhattan room better but food the same in both places. Never had to even wait

Edited by FootballParent

The food is the same except for sometimes a dish or two. If it is functioning, you can check the menus on your cabin TV and see if that different dish is important to you.

I prefer Taste (the one in blues and greens) to the other two. Taste and Savor are quieter, which is something I prefer. The Manhattan room has the big window out the back which is a nice view during the day. Sometimes there are dancers performing in the Manhattan room which you may enjoy.

There's no reason not to eat in all 3 during your cruise.

I would agree, the free restraints are all good, Savor and Taste being smaller venues and are much quieter. That said, sometimes in the Manhattan room the dancers from Burn the Floor come in and perform so if you like that type of thing you might want to get there at least one night. They put on quite a show when we were there..

Enjoy the ship, remember the Cirque show is 25 % off the first night, its a dinner show and with the first night discount its 29.99. It was awesome!! I have sailed on the BA three times and went to see Cirque all three times.

SMOOTH SAILING! The BA is an awesome ship!

We were on a few weeks ago (11/9 sailing) and found both the service to be much better in the Manhattan Room. Savor seemed dreadfully understaffed, while we didn't have that problem in the Manhattan Room. Curiously, we also thought the food was better in the Manhattan Room, which was odd becuase I assumed the food for the 3 included venues was all coming from the same galley... but someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

As others have noted, Taste and Savor are perfect if you want to dine in shorts and t-shirt. DW and I had cruised on other lines exclusively before trying NCL so we were used to wearing (at least) jeans to dinner, so the slightly enhanced dress code in Manhattan was a non-issue for us.