Freedom Balcony (E1/E2) $108 p.p. - Jan. 4th

dvcmember

Was already booked with an inside at $79 p.p. and then checked today to see Balcony E1/E2 are $108 p.p. Best deal I've ever seen for a cruise. This 2-night Bahamas cruise is going to be awesome. We have always had inside or oceanview cabins. Can't wait to send all my time on the balcony.

RCCL FANS are going to flip at the DEAL!

I agree. It is a great price. I've needed a little "cruise fix" and this may do it. Even with the single supplement, it is only $259 for the hump balcony including all taxes and port fees. Confusing, though. If memory serves me correctly, this was scheduled and then cancelled due to Freedom's dry-dock in January. Now it is back. Is that because they took care of problems that they were planning to address in dry-dock considering the itinerary change a couple of weeks back when they fixed the propulsion problem in Nassau? Just curious.

I still have put a 24 hour courtesy hold, however.

I agree. It is a great price. I've needed a little "cruise fix" and this may do it. Even with the single supplement, it is only $259 for the hump balcony including all taxes and port fees. Confusing, though. If memory serves me correctly, this was scheduled and then cancelled due to Freedom's dry-dock in January. Now it is back. Is that because they took care of problems that they were planning to address in dry-dock considering the itinerary change a couple of weeks back when they fixed the propulsion problem in Nassau? Just curious.

I still have put a 24 hour courtesy hold, however.

Apparently the propeller was removed in Nassau, not fixed. The ship is now operating with 1 propeller less out of 3 and so is unable to make a couple of ports with its reduced speed. I have no idea why they have brought back the January 4th cruise as it would seem to me that this is just another issue they must fix in additional to whatever else they'd planned to do, so why would they shorten the dry dock? Maybe it's a mistake?

I just upgraded from Promenade to balcony for $58! 🎉🎊

Also, the shipyard was always scheduled after this cruise. The shipyard probably does not have the space to bring the ship in early. Therefore, they have try to make the best of things. BTW, I used work in ocean going shipping, I experienced with how shipyards work. 😉

I just upgraded from Promenade to balcony for $58! 🎉🎊

Also, the shipyard was always scheduled after this cruise. The shipyard probably does not have the space to bring the ship in early. Therefore, they have try to make the best of things. BTW, I used work in ocean going shipping, I experienced with how shipyards work. 😉

Thanks for the info. I used to work on a cruise ship but was not involved with the shipyard procedures for dry-dock. Being Asst. CD, I was more involved with the passengers and entertainment. We left the ship procedures to the Captain and crew.

Apparently the propeller was removed in Nassau, not fixed. The ship is now operating with 1 propeller less out of 3 and so is unable to make a couple of ports with its reduced speed. I have no idea why they have brought back the January 4th cruise as it would seem to me that this is just another issue they must fix in additional to whatever else they'd planned to do, so why would they shorten the dry dock? Maybe it's a mistake?

For whatever this means, the Captain on our cruise last week mentioned that once in dry dock they will take care of the entire propeller problem, so what they have done now is clearly a band aid solution until then...