Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

The regular bus 26 stops near terminal 1 but the shuttle stops at each terminal.

But Eurodam is the only ship in port so I´m guessing its docked at terminal 1.

I can´t remember if the city pass is time stamped but else you can buy it on your phone.

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/?lang=en

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for your information!

1. To take Shuttle Bus #26 from Osterport, which way should we go to Osterport from the hotel close to main train station: take bus #26 to Osterport, or take train to Osterport? Is 2 zones ticket (24Kroner) cover trip from main train station to Ocean Quay?

2. On May 20, we need to go to airport for 11:00AM flight, could we take shuttle bus to Osterport, then take train from there to airport?

3. Could we buy city pass from the shuttle bus driver?

Thanks,

Hello Danish Viking,

You were quite helpful in recommending that we contract a larger taxi/van for 4 people with luggage to go to the pier from downtown and I've noted the taxi companies you mentioned here.

There will be 13,000 people boarding ships the day we are leaving. Do you think I should book a larger taxi before I leave the States? Is that even done? Would I have any luck without being able to speak Danish?

We will arrive Thursday into Copenhagen and leave on Saturday. You mentioned just having the hotel call for one. Do you think if we booked as soon as we arrived we would be okay.

Thanking you in advance for your wonderful helpfulness on this board

I don´t think its normal to order it days ahead, normally you call the same day.

Just ask the reception on the day you need the taxi to order it at a certain time.

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for your information!

1. To take Shuttle Bus #26 from Osterport, which way should we go to Osterport from the hotel close to main train station: take bus #26 to Osterport, or take train to Osterport? Is 2 zones ticket (24Kroner) cover trip from main train station to Ocean Quay?

2. On May 20, we need to go to airport for 11:00AM flight, could we take shuttle bus to Osterport, then take train from there to airport?

3. Could we buy city pass from the shuttle bus driver?

Thanks,

1) Take the Øresund trains towards Nivå and Helsingør or any Regionaltog or Intercity train to Østerport because they stops at track 1 and 2 because they are closer to the sløjfen bus stop.

Sløjfen bus stop is were it says 26 Holdeplads

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

2) Yes just take the bus to Østerport and take the train to the airport from track 3 and 4.

3) If you only goes to the airport you don´t need a citypass ticket, just a 3 zone ticket that cost 36 kroner.

And you just buy it by the driver, and remember to take it with you because its also valid on the train.

The Citypass ticket is a 24 hour or 72 hour ticket valid in Copenhagen, but not the outer suburbs.

1) Take the Øresund trains towards Nivå and Helsingør or any Regionaltog or Intercity train to Østerport because they stops at track 1 and 2 because they are closer to the sløjfen bus stop.

Sløjfen bus stop is were it says 26 Holdeplads

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%C3%98sterport.pdf

2) Yes just take the bus to Østerport and take the train to the airport from track 3 and 4.

3) If you only goes to the airport you don´t need a citypass ticket, just a 3 zone ticket that cost 36 kroner.

And you just buy it by the driver, and remember to take it with you because its also valid on the train.

The Citypass ticket is a 24 hour or 72 hour ticket valid in Copenhagen, but not the outer suburbs.

Can one manage all of this transit with luggage in tow?

Last time I was on a cruise and had to take a shuttle to the Miami port I had to drag my luggage maybe 1 block and it was too much for me even with luggage on wheels and a carry on.

Last time I was on a cruise and had to take a shuttle to the Miami port I had to drag my luggage maybe 1 block and it was too much for me even with luggage on wheels and a carry on.

That was my thought exactly. DV -thank you for all your time spent helping us with your country. This weekend my husband and I decided in the D'angleterre. Do you have an idea what it will run for a cab to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to port? We each will have a large bag and a carryon plus a laptop bag and my purse. I can't imagine rolling all of that over sidewalks and onto busses or trains. We are headed to Germany for a land trip after the cruise so this is the most I can cut our bags down to

That was my thought exactly. DV -thank you for all your time spent helping us with your country. This weekend my husband and I decided in the D'angleterre. Do you have an idea what it will run for a cab to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to port? We each will have a large bag and a carryon plus a laptop bag and my purse. I can't imagine rolling all of that over sidewalks and onto busses or trains. We are headed to Germany for a land trip after the cruise so this is the most I can cut our bags down to

From airport to around 300 kroner and Im guessing you are on the AIDAcara on the 9th and 10th?

In that case your destination is Langerliniekaj so its only around 150 from your hotel to Langelinie.

I have done many of the major cities without taxi but with luggage, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, München, Stuttgart, Frankfurt Amterdam, Düsseldorf etc you get the picture.

Public transportation is way more advanced in Europe compared to ´Murica.

Only Boston, New York, Washington, Chicago, San Fran and a few other cities has a mass transit compared to ours.

And no, Houston´s light rail doesn´t count. :)

From airport to around 300 kroner and Im guessing you are on the AIDAcara on the 9th and 10th?

In that case your destination is Langerliniekaj so its only around 150 from your hotel to Langelinie.

We are on the star 7/14. Where would one put all the luggage on the bus or train? I can't imagine having to walk very far with our bags.

Hi Danish Viking! You simply are amazing and so generous with your time and knowledge! Anyway, my husband and I will be arriving in Copenhagen on August 6 for our 19-day Baltic Norwegian Fjord Cruise on the Eurodam departing from Copenhagen the following day. My husband has limited mobility so that is a major consideration in our travel. I am looking at The Square for our overnight stay mainly because of its proximity to the major attractions. Are the Imperial Hotel and Admiral just as centrally located? Which do you suggest or are there are other hotels we should consider? We plan to take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then the cab again from the hotel to the port the following day. Is that okay?

Also, for our turnaround between the Baltic and the Norwegian Fjords, our ship will be again be staying overnight in Copenhagen. I am thinking of taking either an SPB packaged tour or a HOHO, what do you advise? I have noticed that there are several companies offering the HOHO in Copenhagen, which one is the best? I know you don't suggest the HOHO but our alternative is the packaged tour.

Thanks so much!!!:)

We are on the star 7/14. Where would one put all the luggage on the bus or train? I can't imagine having to walk very far with our bags.

Well then I have another understanding of what this weekend means. :D

I will get back to you with a proper reply.

Hi Danish Viking! You simply are amazing and so generous with your time and knowledge! Anyway, my husband and I will be arriving in Copenhagen on August 6 for our 19-day Baltic Norwegian Fjord Cruise on the Eurodam departing from Copenhagen the following day. My husband has limited mobility so that is a major consideration in our travel. I am looking at The Square for our overnight stay mainly because of its proximity to the major attractions. Are the Imperial Hotel and Admiral just as centrally located? Which do you suggest or are there are other hotels we should consider? We plan to take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then the cab again from the hotel to the port the following day. Is that okay?

Also, for our turnaround between the Baltic and the Norwegian Fjords, our ship will be again be staying overnight in Copenhagen. I am thinking of taking either an SPB packaged tour or a HOHO, what do you advise? I have noticed that there are several companies offering the HOHO in Copenhagen, which one is the best? I know you don't suggest the HOHO but our alternative is the packaged tour.

I will also get back to you with a reply but can you in the meantime give a link to the tour that you are talking about so I can look into it.

Hello Danish,

We are booked at Axel Guldsmeden for one night stay and will be embarking Regal Princess on May 24th (SUN).

We understand Bus 26 does not operate on Sunday and is wondering other than taking a Taxi, would you please recommend how to go from our hotel to Oceankaj (ocean Quay) using public transit? The direction Google provided included a 39 minutes walk to the pier which we are uncertain if it is correct.

As well, we will be disembarking from Regal on June 4th and going straight to the airport. Could you please also let us know the best way to get to the airport from the Pier using public transit?

If we decide to take a taxi last minute, do you happen to know whether there will be any waiting at the pier?

Thank you again for all your assistance with our planning!! :) :) :)

Thanks,

Helena

Is it better to take the cruise up the fjords to pulpit rock in the morning or the afternoon? We have two excursion times to pick from. One starting at 8:15 going to 11:45 and the other from 12:45 going to 4:15. Which one would be better in case of bad weather. We are cruising in late June.

Thanks for any help.

Then your ship is docked at Oceankaj.

A taxi from your hotel is in the 200-250 kroner range.

The airport train is build to have extra luggage and the busses has compartments in the middle of the bus to store luggage etc.

The Squares location is closer to Tivoli, National museum, Glyptoteket etc bur further away from Amalienborg, Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Marble Church etc

Admiral is closer to Amalienborg, Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Marble Church etc but further away from Tivoli, National museum, Glyptoteket etc.

Imperial is off center so to speak, Tivoli is in walking distance but everything else requires a longer walk.

There is no problems in getting a taxi from any of the hotels.

Well as you point out, I´m not the huge expert on Ho/Ho busses but Stromma runs my prefered canal tour so that must count for something. :D

That SPB tour looks very expensive, so If you think that the Ho/Ho bus tour covers the same thing I would take that instead.

Does that cover your questions, else you just ask again.

Hello Danish,

We are booked at Axel Guldsmeden for one night stay and will be embarking Regal Princess on May 24th (SUN).

We understand Bus 26 does not operate on Sunday and is wondering other than taking a Taxi, would you please recommend how to go from our hotel to Oceankaj (ocean Quay) using public transit? The direction Google provided included a 39 minutes walk to the pier which we are uncertain if it is correct.

As well, we will be disembarking from Regal on June 4th and going straight to the airport. Could you please also let us know the best way to get to the airport from the Pier using public transit?

If we decide to take a taxi last minute, do you happen to know whether there will be any waiting at the pier?

Thank you again for all your assistance with our planning!! :) :) :)

Thanks,

Helena

Google maps is correct, its a 30-40 minute walk from Nordhavn to Oceankaj,

But there is a cruise shuttle from Østerport that you can use instead.

The best way is to take a train to Østerport from the central station.

From track 1 to 4 you take a train to Østerport, Nivå or Helsingør and then take the cruise shuttle from there.

When you take to the airport you just take the cruise shuttle back to Østerport and catch a airport train from track 3 and 4.

There should be many taxis at the pier and lines are organised.

Is it better to take the cruise up the fjords to pulpit rock in the morning or the afternoon? We have two excursion times to pick from. One starting at 8:15 going to 11:45 and the other from 12:45 going to 4:15. Which one would be better in case of bad weather. We are cruising in late June.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry I can´t answer that.

So for one final time, transportation to Oceankaj :D

To make it easy we start at the airport.

One of the trains you can take to Østerport, the other is to Nivå

Ticket price is 36 kroner for a 3 zone ticket and its valid on the shuttle bus as well.

temporary_zpsapefxuz4.jpg

The trains departs from track 2, if you stand at track 1 you end in sweden. :D

temporary_zpst7gztaew.jpg

If you have alot of luggage go for the doors with a bicycle.

As you can see the train stops at the central station, from here its a 24 kroner 2 zone ticket.

temporary_zpsotvaizer.jpg

temporary_zpsmf5bzhsk.jpg