Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

The Squares location is closer to Tivoli, National museum, Glyptoteket etc bur further away from Amalienborg, Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Marble Church etc

Admiral is closer to Amalienborg, Nyhavn, Rosenborg, Marble Church etc but further away from Tivoli, National museum, Glyptoteket etc.

Imperial is off center so to speak, Tivoli is in walking distance but everything else requires a longer walk.

There is no problems in getting a taxi from any of the hotels.

Well as you point out, I´m anish Viking for your help!!!not the huge expert on Ho/Ho busses but Stromma runs my prefered canal tour so that must count for something. :D

That SPB tour looks very expensive, so If you think that the Ho/Ho bus tour covers the same thing I would take that instead.

Does that cover your questions, else you just ask again.

Thank you so much Danish Viking for your help!!!

Hi Danish Viking,

We are a family of 6 (2 kids, 2 adults, 2 seniors) - all small Asian built. Are there taxis from the Airport that can accommodate 6 or do we have to get 2 taxis? If the large taxis are available, do they cost more?

Thanks so much!!

doodbug

Hi Danish Viking,

We are a family of 6 (2 kids, 2 adults, 2 seniors) - all small Asian built. Are there taxis from the Airport that can accommodate 6 or do we have to get 2 taxis? If the large taxis are available, do they cost more?

Thanks so much!!

doodbug

There are minivans available and I think there is a separate line at the airport for big taxis.

You find the taxi line on your right hand side when you exit the baggage claim area.

And yes it probably add 50-100 kroner to each trip when its a big taxi.

We are staying in Malmo. Our cruise leaves from Nordhavn Oceankaj. I see that we can take the train from Malmo Central to Nordhavn Street stop and we will be about 1.5 miles from the port. Are taxi's readily available outside the Nordhavn Street station or should we just take the train back to the airport and grab a taxi from there or from city center.

Sorry to say this but you are ill-informed.

The Øresundstog train from Malmø doesn´t stop at Nordhavn, its only an S-train station.

But it stops at Østerport where you can cath the cruise shuttle or take a taxi.

If you take the cruise shuttle just follow my guide from the last page.

Taxi´s are however found outside the main terminal.

Sorry to say this but you are ill-informed.

The Øresundstog train from Malmø doesn´t stop at Nordhavn, its only an S-train station.

But it stops at Østerport where you can cath the cruise shuttle or take a taxi.

If you take the cruise shuttle just follow my guide from the last page.

Taxi´s are however found outside the main terminal.

Thanks I'm trying to make it through your thread but I'm only at page 12 so far. So let me double check my airport route since the other was wrong.

We are staying at the Renaissance Malmo Hotel which is a short walk from Malmo Central. How do we take the train there from the airport?

Thanks In Advance

Edited by acbat1

Danish Viking

We dock at 10:00 and have until 6:00 p.m. We normally do a lot of walking and would like to do the following route. Is this within reason?

Walk to Rosenborg Castle from Langelinie pier where we are docked.

Stop for a sandwich at Aaman's on Oster Farimagsgade.

Then begin just a walking tour to see Round tower; Church of Our Lady; Copenhagen Cathedral; to Tivoli Gardens (but not going "in"); Christiansborg Castle; Nyhavn Harbour; Amalienborg Castle and back to the pier. It looks to be about 7 miles. Is this too ambitious? If so, what would you recommend we leave off the route? If we would run out of time, are there taxis available over by Nyhavn or Amalienborg, and if so do you know roughly what the cost would be to go back to Langelinie?

Thanks for all your advice you've given on this roll call!

Edited by lke

Thanks I'm trying to make it through your thread but I'm only at page 12 so far. So let me double check my airport route since the other was wrong.

We are staying at the Renaissance Malmo Hotel which is a short walk from Malmo Central. How do we take the train there from the airport?

Thanks In Advance

I don´t think the journeyplanner on google maps or the official one has the cruise shuttle in thye timetable.

They have no fixed timetable but runs from 8 am to 4 pm.

Getting to Malmö is very easy, they runs every 20th minute and every 10th in the rush hour.

Just take any trains from track 1 at the airport, except for the terminating ones :D

Just go for trains heading for Malmö, Göteborg, Kalmar, Växjö, Halmstad, Helsingborg, Karlskrona, Kristiansstad and finally Hässleholm.

The trains for Stockholm requires a special ticket so don´t take that one.

Danish Viking

We dock at 10:00 and have until 6:00 p.m. We normally do a lot of walking and would like to do the following route. Is this within reason?

Walk to Rosenborg Castle from Langelinie pier where we are docked.

Stop for a sandwich at Aaman's on Oster Farimagsgade.

Then begin just a walking tour to see Round tower; Church of Our Lady; Copenhagen Cathedral; to Tivoli Gardens (but not going "in"); Christiansborg Castle; Nyhavn Harbour; Amalienborg Castle and back to the pier. It looks to be about 7 miles. Is this too ambitious? If so, what would you recommend we leave off the route? If we would run out of time, are there taxis available over by Nyhavn or Amalienborg, and if so do you know roughly what the cost would be to go back to Langelinie?

Thanks for all your advice you've given on this roll call!

I think its duable but yes you will find taxis at Højbro Plads near Christiansborg at at Kongens Nytorv near Nyhavn/Amalienborg.

Else bus 26 has bus stops many places on your route starting from Tivoli.

I Have to make the map in 2 parts as I can´t put in more places on the route.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Langeliniekaj+(Midt)/Den+Lille+Havfrue,+Langelinie/Gefionspringvandet/Rosenborg+Slot,+%C3%98ster+Voldgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Aamanns+sm%C3%B8rrebr%C3%B8dsdeli,+%C3%98ster+Farimagsgade/Rundetaarn,+K%C3%B8bmagergade,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Vor+Frue+Kirke,+N%C3%B8rregade,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Tivoli,+Vesterbrogade,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Christiansborg+Slot,+Prins+J%C3%B8rgens+G%C3%A5rd,+K%C3%B8benhavn/Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.682926,12.5668682,14z/data=!4m62!4m61!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252dda8e3b789:0x177c1078db48f2c3!2m2!1d12.600197!2d55.698501!1m5!1m1!1s0x464c90eb8d422103:0xdfa8900ca2351e3c!2m2!1d12.599283!2d55.69286!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652532092758a5d:0xca4f8b1b331039ae!2m2!1d12.597637!2d55.689328!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531b429e531d:0x52359c3345281b3c!2m2!1d12.577269!2d55.685827!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525302d63fabb9:0x983ad3a2da08d22a!2m2!1d12.575117!2d55.690019!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531083fb9ba1:0xe73a9f6da33ea437!2m2!1d12.57573!2d55.681347!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525310331d6c79:0x36151f29b773b29!2m2!1d12.572359!2d55.679339!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531280f6eaf3:0xd9b50b0db50b27b0!2m2!1d12.568147!2d55.673684!1m5!1m1!1s0x46525316bf91ba09:0x2cb677e778366219!2m2!1d12.580514!2d55.676232!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533cd7fbc8c3:0x42e5ef91044ebd38!2m2!1d12.591804!2d55.679209!3e2

Part 2

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Nyhavn,+1051+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Danmark/Amalienborg+Slotsplads/Langeliniekaj+(Midt),+K%C3%B8benhavn/@55.6888787,12.5772449,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m18!4m17!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533cd7fbc8c3:0x42e5ef91044ebd38!2m2!1d12.591804!2d55.679209!1m3!2m2!1d12.5932156!2d55.6841483!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252dda8e3b789:0x177c1078db48f2c3!2m2!1d12.600197!2d55.698501!3e2

I was reading a recent thread about sailing under the Great Belt Bridge and wondered if anyone knows if the Regal Princess sails under it on their Baltic itineraries in and out of Copenhagen? It looks pretty neat. The itinerary map on the Princess website doesn't look like it, but there was discussion that the Royal and Regal do because of their size.

Most cruise ships does take the long way around Sjælland (Zealand) and the great belt.

Te reason that the Øresund Bridge is to low for the large cruise ships and the Drogden Strait where tunnel under the Øresund Fixed link is located is very shallow (8 or 10 meters deep, can't remember)

I do think that they can use Drodgen but with Costa Concordia in mind they probably won't take the risk.

But its a little bit weird because I have seen huge freight ships sailing through that strait but its of course difficult to compare their sizes with a cruise ship when they aren't side by side.

Thank you! Having your input makes planning our trip so much easier! I'm sure all of us here on cruisecritic appreciate the time and effort you put in to helping us!

Thanks

Linda

I'm glad that I could help you. :D

Btw I was searching for Ing about the Drogden strait.

The maximum allowed draft/draught for any ship at Drodgen is 7 meters, Regal/Royal princess has a draft of 8,5 meters.

Btw is it draft or draught, I have seen both words used on Wikipedia.

Edited by Danish viking

Most cruise ships does take the long way around Sjælland (Zealand) and the great belt.

Te reason that the Øresund Bridge is to low for the large cruise ships and the Drogden Strait where tunnel under the Øresund Fixed link is located is very shallow (8 or 10 meters deep, can't remember)

I do think that they can use Drodgen but with Costa Concordia in mind they probably won't take the risk.

But its a little bit weird because I have seen huge freight ships sailing through that strait but its of course difficult to compare their sizes with a cruise ship when they aren't side by side.

Thanks for the info. We arrive in Copenhagen at 5am, so hopefully we'll pass under the bridge the evening before while it's still light.

I finally have our air flights and hotels booked so I know what to start researching. For reference, we are sailing on Serenade of the Seas, embarking on Saturday, Aug. 22.

A few questions:

• We are arriving into CPH from a stopover in Iceland. Do we go through a Customs check or Passport Control? Are these the same thing? Our originating fight is US to Canada. Then a separately booked flight Canada to Reykjavik. 2 nights in Iceland then Iceland to Copenhagen. I'm trying to determine the approx. amount of time it will take when arriving at 12:45pm to get our luggage, through all the checks, and onto the train.

• We are staying at Scandic Palace. I am hoping the answer to the above question is around 45 minutes. lol. That would mean we take the train to Central station-about 15 minutes and then walk to the hotel using the map I saw you posted earlier in the thread (about 9 minutes). Is there a chance we could check in by 2:00pm if the flight is on time?

• After check-in, we'll probably want to grab some lunch since our plane leaves Iceland at 7:45am that morning and we would not have eaten yet. I assume we can easily walk down Strogart from the hotel and find something to eat? Then I want to take a canal tour from Nyhavn, I think. Do we walk there or should we grab a bus? I am planning on pre-purchasing the 24 hour Copenhagen Card.

• After the canal tour, I envision us walking around Nyhavn for a bit and then back toward the hotel. I assume bus again?

• After refreshing at the hotel for a bit, I want to go to Tivoli to walk around and see the lights. Street view looks like it is directly across the square from the hotel. As this will be a Friday, I saw in an earlier post there are concerts. Will it be more crowded than normal? Does it cost any extra to go?

• The next morning, I might try to get up early and go through Rosenburg Palace to see the crown jewels and maybe a few other sites before checking out of the hotel and making our way to the Ship. I will look at your other posts again to figure out the best way to get there. I assume we go to the central train station to Oosterport and then the cruise line shuttle? I think that's what I recall without referring back to my notes. Are the attractions open early on Saturdays?

Thank you again for all of the help you provide, and for answering duplicate questions. The pictures you posted on the previous page really help me envision how to get both to Central Station from the airport and then from Central Station to the port the next day.

Edited by reney313

Dear Danish viking; I just went on the website, Rejsplanen. I have checked previously on the Bus 26 route for May 8 2015 (eurodam). Well today; it seems the bus has changed to the weekend. The website refers me to Saturday May 8th 2015; nothing for bus 26 mid week. Have You checked recently; I was looking for the Copehagen Plaza to Oceankaj.

I was wondering if there is a schedule change??? Thank You for any information!

Edited by lil2queenie
Saturday May 9 2015

Hi Danish Viking, we arrive on Celebrity Eclipse on July 22 docking 10 am till 12mn at Langilinie. We are wanting to visit Kronborg and Friedricksburg castle and maybe Roskilde. If we buy the Copenhagen Card online can we exchange this voucher for the 24 hr pass at the Visitors Information Centre at The port or do we need to get it at Osterport Railway station or central station?

Hoping you can help us with this query and many thanks in advance, David and Wendy

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hotel+Bethel,+Nyhavn,+Denmark/Tivoli+Gardens,+Vesterbrogade+3,+1630+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Denmark/@55.6765775,12.5600709,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533d2fb4cf43:0xbb1dd357d932167!2m2!1d12.590996!2d55.679431!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652531280f6eaf3:0xd9b50b0db50b27b0!2m2!1d12.568147!2d55.673684

Tivoli gardens to Hotel Bethel

Taxi information: http://www.denmark.net/denmark-guide/public-transportation/copenhagen/taxi.html

All taxis in Copenhagen are equipped with meters and are licensed.

When you catch the taxi on a Copenhagen street the meter starts with DKK 24 and when called by phone it is DKK 37 plus

Taxi fare prices per km:

7:00-16:00 on weekdays: 11,50 DKK

16:00-7:00 on weekdays and all Saturday and Sunday: 12,50 DKK

Saturday between 23:00- 7:00 and all national holidays: 15,80 DKK

Tips are not expected as the fares includes already service charge. For carrying the luggage to the door or for special luggage as bikes, taxi companies in Copenhagen charge 20DKK extra.

Edited by ISLABONITA

Dear Danish viking; I just went on the website, Rejsplanen. I have checked previously on the Bus 26 route for May 8 2015 (eurodam). Well today; it seems the bus has changed to the weekend. The website refers me to Saturday May 8th 2015; nothing for bus 26 mid week. Have You checked recently; I was looking for the Copehagen Plaza to Oceankaj.

I think May 8 is a Friday.

I finally have our air flights and hotels booked so I know what to start researching. For reference, we are sailing on Serenade of the Seas, embarking on Saturday, Aug. 22.

A few questions:

• We are arriving into CPH from a stopover in Iceland. Do we go through a Customs check or Passport Control? Are these the same thing? Our originating fight is US to Canada. Then a separately booked flight Canada to Reykjavik. 2 nights in Iceland then Iceland to Copenhagen. I'm trying to determine the approx. amount of time it will take when arriving at 12:45pm to get our luggage, through all the checks, and onto the train.

• We are staying at Scandic Palace. I am hoping the answer to the above question is around 45 minutes. lol. That would mean we take the train to Central station-about 15 minutes and then walk to the hotel using the map I saw you posted earlier in the thread (about 9 minutes). Is there a chance we could check in by 2:00pm if the flight is on time?

• After check-in, we'll probably want to grab some lunch since our plane leaves Iceland at 7:45am that morning and we would not have eaten yet. I assume we can easily walk down Strogart from the hotel and find something to eat? Then I want to take a canal tour from Nyhavn, I think. Do we walk there or should we grab a bus? I am planning on pre-purchasing the 24 hour Copenhagen Card.

• After the canal tour, I envision us walking around Nyhavn for a bit and then back toward the hotel. I assume bus again?

• After refreshing at the hotel for a bit, I want to go to Tivoli to walk around and see the lights. Street view looks like it is directly across the square from the hotel. As this will be a Friday, I saw in an earlier post there are concerts. Will it be more crowded than normal? Does it cost any extra to go?

• The next morning, I might try to get up early and go through Rosenburg Palace to see the crown jewels and maybe a few other sites before checking out of the hotel and making our way to the Ship. I will look at your other posts again to figure out the best way to get there. I assume we go to the central train station to Oosterport and then the cruise line shuttle? I think that's what I recall without referring back to my notes. Are the attractions open early on Saturdays?

Thank you again for all of the help you provide, and for answering duplicate questions. The pictures you posted on the previous page really help me envision how to get both to Central Station from the airport and then from Central Station to the port the next day.

You will not go through passport control as both Denmark and Iceland are part of the Nordic Union, this is handled in Iceland.

Customs check is located after you pick up your luggage, but I have never seen anyone being picked up for checks.

Its probably best to add around 1 hour from when you leave your train and until you stand at the hotel reception.

baggage/luggage claim can take some time and if you buy the Copenhagen Card at the airport it will ad 5 minutes more.

The train leaves every 10th minute and it takes 12 minutes but if you miss the first train it will then add 10 minutes to the trip.

Yes there are plenty of places to eat at Strøget, both take away and places where you can sit an enjoy your lunch.

When you end up at the other side of Strøget you are next to Nyhavn and the canal boat tour so no need for busses.

Its only a 20-30 minute walk back to your hotel but the ever present bus 26 (towards Ålholm Plads) will take you back to the town hall square and your hotel.

If you tell me what date that Friday is I can tell you if it will get crowded or not.

There is no extra charge to get in but arrive before 20:00 to avoid the crowd, but there is a different if its Snoop Dogg or Spids Nøgenhat.

Rosenborg always opens at 10:00 but the park and nearby botanical garden opens earlier (if they even close)

When you get to Østerport just take trains towards Østerport, Nivå or Helsingør from track 1 to 4 as they arrive closest to the cruise shuttle.

It looks wierd and I get the same error, but Friday the 8th of may is a normal day so the normal timetable is in effect.

But Rejseplanen now suggests a route 27 and I found that a little bit wierd but look what I found.

There is a route 27 :)

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200002710000&linegid=9011200002700000&line_name=27

I think they are about to update rejseplanen with this new route because I can´t find any departures mid week with the normal 26.

BTW I have send Movia an email and I will report back when I get a response

Edited by Danish viking