any type of a map of the terminal at Bayport in Houston?

mysaddlebred000

I always hate the first time I go somewhere. Never know which direction to go.

Just wondering if there is any type of a map that shows what is what at the terminal. Sometimes the people working there tell you the wrong thing - maybe they don't understand the question or whatever. I hate it when people in front of you just stop in the middle of the sidewalk or whatever to talk or look for something in their bag and you can't get around them. (heck, people do that all over) Lots of confusion.

I'd love to see a map like they have in malls so you have some idea of where you're suppose to be heading.

Is there anything like that? thanks

It is a small terminal and terminal area. You pull in and pull around to the front and drop off passengers and luggage with porters (this area is covered by canapies if it is raining) and then drive around and wait in line and they direct you where to park. Easy walk back up to the terminal. There is seating outside to wait for those parking the car if you split up. As you walk in you go through xrays and then on into the terminal which is just a large open area with lines up to the check in area and seats for those checked in if they are not boarding yet. Very easy breezy. Lots of staff to keep things flowing and a nice terminal. HAVE FUN!!!

I always hate the first time I go somewhere. Never know which direction to go.

Just wondering if there is any type of a map that shows what is what at the terminal. Sometimes the people working there tell you the wrong thing - maybe they don't understand the question or whatever. I hate it when people in front of you just stop in the middle of the sidewalk or whatever to talk or look for something in their bag and you can't get around them. (heck, people do that all over) Lots of confusion.

I'd love to see a map like they have in malls so you have some idea of where you're suppose to be heading.

Is there anything like that? thanks

Not aware of any map, but it is very easy to navigate the area and there are a ton of people there to help out.

The entrance doors are about 2/3 of the way down the building, once you walk in there is a path way that will take you to the metal detectors. Once through there you go to your left (it is the only direction you can go) and get your heath questionaire reviewed, you will be in a larger room with chairs and the check in desk will be at the back of the room. There will probably be a few people in line depending on when you get there, they also have the path clearly marked with those rope guide type things you see at the airport or other places where they are trying to keep an orderly line. Once you reach the end of that line there will be a worker telling you which check in agent to go to.

Give them your boarding pass and identification, they will pull up your reservation and give you your room keys. After that you will go towards your right and there will be a sign that says something like "General Boarding" (can't remember exactly what it says). They glance at your cruise cards and wave you through. You now go into a new room where the photographers will try to get your sail away pic taken, then up the escalators and another right turn. Down that corridor, then left onto the gangway and you are to the ship.

The only important thing to know is on the outside.

There are two lines near each other to enter the terminal. The line on the left is for preferred check-in (suite, elite, platinum) and the line on the right is for everyone else.

Once you enter the terminal, it is one big room. Signs indicate where to go (BVE, preferred, others) once you have filled out the health form.

Outside:

890215001021514CaribbeanPrincessdockedatBayportDSC06010_zps4f457203.jpg

Inside:

890215002021514InsideBayportcruiseterminalDSC06011_zps22a7668a.jpg

And the other side of the big room:

891111004111114InsideBayportcruiseterminalDSC02367_zpsa710990d.jpg

There are also rest rooms and the suite/elite lounge on the same side of the room as the main entrance.

Edited by caribill

you basically enter from the center of the terminal, go through security and boom you're in the terminal main area. Now if they still have an overflow area (a large tent outdoors) they will guide you to that area. It's pretty simple, not like the Fort Lauderdale terminal.

Really appreciate all your replies and especially the pictures. I always hate to look like an idiot. My wife will always ask people but you know guys, we never want to admit we don't know where we are going. She usually tells me where to go since she keeps an eye on the preferred line vs the regular line.

Loved the comment "the photographers will try to get your pic taken". Maybe on a "first" cruise but we usually don't look our best when we first board and have no plans to ever purchase those types of pictures so why waste their time.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Really appreciate all your replies and especially the pictures. I always hate to look like an idiot. My wife will always ask people but you know guys, we never want to admit we don't know where we are going. She usually tells me where to go since she keeps an eye on the preferred line vs the regular line.

Loved the comment "the photographers will try to get your pic taken". Maybe on a "first" cruise but we usually don't look our best when we first board and have no plans to ever purchase those types of pictures so why waste their time.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

My wife often told me where to go!;)