Spirit cabins 9003 and 9005

trvlgirlmq

It appears that the pickings for quad OV cabins are super slim and a balcony is out on this ship. I have searched here and on Google about the size and configuration of these cabins to no avail. I read somewhere that they may be slightly larger than the 157 sq ft indicated on NCL.com. Also that there is a pole in the middle of 9003. If anyone has pictures or can assist in my research on bed configuration and size that would be wonderful!

• 3 weeks later...

We've booked 9005 for 4. I found some information on 9001 here and decided it was the same. I avoided 9003 because of the pole.

They do look a bit bigger as there seems to be more space between the bathroom and the end of the bed. This is presumably where the 4th bed goes (the 3rd being a bunk).

This is a recurring question so I've already vowed to take photos and post them when we're back.

My family and our friends booked the same exact cabins for an upcoming sailing and would also love to see pics. Currently, we have the *pole* cabin ... hoping it's not too bad ... but a pic would definitely help :)

I did find some more pics of 9001 here: cruiselinerooms<dot>com/Site/view_cabin.php?ship=Norwegian%20Spirit&cabin=9001

So we could move over a cabin ... but would much rather stay closer to our friends ... if the pole is not too much in the way ;)

Thanks so much!

Edited by chiapet

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the extra photos.

If your sailing is before mine, I'd appreciate a photo or two please of 9005. In particular where bed 4 goes and if the sofa bed is comfortable.

Thanks.

We aren't sailing until 2016 ... so if you could also do the same and bring some photos back for us :)

And for 9003 too ... if possible ... since I'm really re-thinking the *pole* situation there :rolleyes:

Thanks for the extra photos.

If your sailing is before mine, I'd appreciate a photo or two please of 9005. In particular where bed 4 goes and if the sofa bed is comfortable.

Thanks.

BTW ... there's one pullman bed for 3rd person ... and one single sofa bed for 4th ... which is very small and very similar to the old *cots* they used to bring in ... so not very comfortable (nor very firm) ... but it's ok for smaller children ... don't think I could *torture* my 6' tall 17yo son on it tho :p

Edited by chiapet

Yeah I'm not sure about the sofa bed at all. DS is 10 and it's not fair to make him sleep on an uncomfortable bed for 10 days. The 13 yo will be in the Pullman as she'll sleep in for hours in the morning and be in the way otherwise.

I have another thread about my concerns re the position of the sofa bed too and that it impedes leaving the cabin in the middle of the night. So I'm going to see if I can get them to put a trundle bed in the cabin. Though part of me thinks if that's possible, why not do it in the first place?

Yeah I'm not sure about the sofa bed at all. DS is 10 and it's not fair to make him sleep on an uncomfortable bed for 10 days. The 13 yo will be in the Pullman as she'll sleep in for hours in the morning and be in the way otherwise.

I have another thread about my concerns re the position of the sofa bed too and that it impedes leaving the cabin in the middle of the night. So I'm going to see if I can get them to put a trundle bed in the cabin. Though part of me thinks if that's possible, why not do it in the first place?

We've previously been in a cabin on Spirit with one of the single sofa beds ... and it really wasn't too,too bad ... but we'll have to put our 13yo son in it this time for 14-days ... guess he'll have to make do :)

As for a *trundle* in the cabin ... I don't think there's room ... and I believe that NCL no longer uses them ... so every booked passenger is required to have a *real* berth in the cabin ... only exception is their *crib* in some cabins that have the space ... which is really a pack-n-play :p

Besides ... a cot in that *small* cabin would probably impede egress just about the same as the sofa bed anyway ... so it's definitely a *tight* squeeze for a family of 4 ... no matter what :rolleyes:

BTW ... wasn't sure if you were aware that Spirit was originally SuperStar Leo and was built for the Asian market ... and even had a Siberian white tiger onboard back then. But the configuration of most things in the cabin are just *slightly* smaller-shorter-lower ... even my 5'10" DH found his feet hanging off the bed ... so all that doesn't help our current situation either ;)

Hi

Is anyone boarding the Spirit at Malaga on 13 April 2013 ?

(Didn't know how to create a new post so replied to yours, no offence!)

Regards nat1

You'll probably get a better response if you create a *New Thread* from the bottom of the NCL main page ... with your query as the subject line :)

Or even look at the Roll Call thread for that sailing ... if there is one ... ;)

We've previously been in a cabin on Spirit with one of the single sofa beds ... and it really wasn't too,too bad ... but we'll have to put our 13yo son in it this time for 14-days ... guess he'll have to make do :)

Oh well. It is what it is. I'm sure we'll have a great time anyway. :) Thanks.

Oh well. It is what it is. I'm sure we'll have a great time anyway. :) Thanks.

Our sentiments exactly ;)

And if you could still take and post pics of 9005 ... an possibly 9003 for me ... I'd be very grateful ... thanks so much!

I think 9501 will be the same as 9003. Pictures of 9501 here

http://www.cruisedeckplans<dot>com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Steve%20Millay&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

I found some more the other day showing a different bed configuration in that cabin.

http://www.cruisedeckplans<dot>com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Connie&ship=Norwegian%20Spirit

Edited by chicaguapa

• 2 years later...
We aren't sailing until 2016 ... so if you could also do the same and bring some photos back for us :)

And for 9003 too ... if possible ... since I'm really re-thinking the *pole* situation there :rolleyes:

How was cabin 9003?

Is it ok for a couple with a 2 & 4 year old

I can't find my photos now!

But 9005 was absolutely fine for 2 adults and 2 children. There was a bunk and underneath that was the trundle which my son slept on. And our bed.

Here is a photo (not of the actual cabin) which shows the exact same configuration of beds that we had but the trundle under the bunk was a bit lower which meant we didn't feel like we were all in one big bed.

I would have no problems recommending it for a family of 4.

There was a lovely view out the window. It felt like you were driving the ship! But it was bumpy.

cabin_all4Beds.jpg.f2d2f91c974b4ba7f236688449301a15.jpg