The Ultimate Beverage Package- Getaway

noddingheadgirl

Read posts #16 - #20. The person selling the package is probably not part of the bar staff thus not really knowing what the rules are.

I read the posts before I posted...

Still, no actual fact from a very recent cruiser...that's why I said in my post that it would be good to have a confirmation from a recent cruiser...

There were 2 ladies at the counter where they sold the package and she didn't ask the other girl or hesitate before she answered...

Even if she wasn't bar staff, she should be aware of the rules when selling a 480$ product...

Like I said in my post, maybe something changed very recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Sorry I didn't give you the answer that you were wanting. But, past guests have confirmed what was quoted in posts 16-20.

If wishes were horses, all beggars would ride. But, you just keep on asking. SMH!

Edited by Beaver1975

OK, so here's another answer you don't want. When I was on the Sun in November, I asked a bartender when I bought the plan this very question. He told me QUITE CLEARLY that you would be charged the full price for the drink. He then gave me the drink of the day (I can't remember what it was, I'm STILL drying out, lol) in a regular cup because if I had it in the souvenir glass I would have to pay for it. He also told me that most bartenders would tell you if the drink was a over the limit, but that if I wasn't sure to just ask. Later in the cruise I did ask a waitress if I could have Tanqueray in my Gin and Tonic, and she checked with the bartender. She brought it back with a nice smile and told me it was included in the plan so drink up. Which I did. ;)

It blows my mind how complicated people try to make a simple system. If it's $10 or under, it's included. If it's over $10, it's not. It ain't rocket science, people.

If there were a list of 1000 drinks on NCL ships, probably 998 of them will be included. There are VERY FEW things over $10.

• 1 month later...
Thanks everyone for this information. The UDP is such a great deal that we have just booked today for last-minute cruise on Jan. 5, very excited about going on the Getaway!

How was the noise level for you? We have booked the same cabin and leave this Saturday. Thanks!

it blows my mind how complicated people try to make a simple system. If it's $10 or under, it's included. If it's over $10, it's not. It ain't rocket science, people.

If there were a list of 1000 drinks on ncl ships, probably 998 of them will be included. There are very few things over $10.

amen!

Edited by bradleyk

Hello everybody! Does the UBP also include the specialty coffees (i.e. Lavazza)? I love a couple of good expressos in the Morning and if these are also included it would be an added benefit.

Also, regarding the whine by the glass that you get included on the UBP, how is it in terms of quality?

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Just as an FYI Capt Morgan is included as is mojitos Johnny walker blue IS NOT! I ordered a lot of drinks and not 1 of them was not included in the package. I do however know that JWblue is expensive as heck and knew better than to order it in the first place. YMMV

Okay, I stand corrected then. More wrong info from a previous CC thread. Go figure. :D

Colin - I must have read the name thread because a recent , VERY recent review stated that you could pay the difference. And this was a review or perhaps comment thread that was for a cruise taken when the big scare about the changing bar menu occurred. The whole OH MY GOD THERE ARE only six drinks on the UBP crisis.

Perhaps someone who has cruised in the past 2 weeks could answer more accurately?

I am not at a place where I can search but I did read that you could pay the difference for anything over $11.00 .

• 3 weeks later...
While most drinks are included, you can't just pay the difference. You will be charged for that drink.

If the drink costs $11 or less, it's included. If it costs more, you do only pay the difference. Here's the quote from the NCL site

https://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

"Any items over $11 will receive an $11 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account." Now it may be that all drinks, including those under $11.00 are charged to your account and have a discount applied to those as well, but I don't know. The terms and conditions didn't say. It does seem as if you're presented with a bill of sorts so you have the opportunity to provide a tip, but I don't know if the cost of the drink will be on there and credited later, or the cost is on there along with a credit at the same time. I'd prefer it go on my account and get a credit later so I can see whether I'm getting my money's worth or not for the next trip. I really think it would be worth it anyway just to not have to worry how much my bar tab will be!

Edited by Sandman799
URL didn't show up correctly

Must have changed recently because it is true now. The NCL site says "Any items over $11 will receive an $11 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account."

https://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

That is an awesome change!! Just wish ncl would tell us what changes are happening. Thanks

• 4 months later...

We just returned from our cruise on Getaway, and the UBP was fully worth it! We had Grey Goose vodka, Macallan scotch, Zacapa Rum, etc. all top shelve liquors. A tip I got to know what was included (without asking the price) was it you see a bottle on the bar that has a free flow dispenser (metallic pipes) it is included, if the bottle is closed it will mean an extra charge (the difference to the $10 basis).

Enjoy!