NewZealand/Australia Cruisetour Luggage question

SDR01

We cruise 12 days from Auckland NZ to Sydney Jan 2015 and then take a 7 day land tour (all Princess). Our land tour starts and ends in Sydney with a one night hotel stay at the end in Sydney. I am planning on taking a large suitcase for the cruise and a carry on for the land tour since I assume we're flying to the locations on a smaller plane. My question: does Princess store the large suitcase at the hotel while we're taking the land tour portion of our trip? Thus we don't have that extra weight of large luggage on the four different flights to the land tour locations. If not, I'll alter my plans to one large suitcase and forget the carry on.

We cruise 12 days from Auckland NZ to Sydney Jan 2015 and then take a 7 day land tour (all Princess). Our land tour starts and ends in Sydney with a one night hotel stay at the end in Sydney. I am planning on taking a large suitcase for the cruise and a carry on for the land tour since I assume we're flying to the locations on a smaller plane. My question: does Princess store the large suitcase at the hotel while we're taking the land tour portion of our trip? Thus we don't have that extra weight of large luggage on the four different flights to the land tour locations. If not, I'll alter my plans to one large suitcase and forget the carry on.

When we did the Australia land tour we took a small rolling bag and a daypack. The larger suitcase was held and delivered at the end of the tour. Would suggest you contact Princess cruisetour department. Also, smaller planes, not really. These are long flights on large planes. Just search Qantas flights between your stops and you'll see the number of hours.

Thank you for the information! I will, as you suggest, double check with Princess to make sure our luggage will be handled the same way yours was. I'm especially glad to know we won't be flying on smaller passenger planes!

We did a Princess cruise tour to China in October and our big suitcase was held in the hotel in Beijing until our return. If flying QANTAS, their limit is about 23kgs each.

We did a Princess cruise tour to China in October and our big suitcase was held in the hotel in Beijing until our return. If flying QANTAS, their limit is about 23kgs each.

Be aware all domestic Australian Airlines have much lower bag limits (number and weight) that International. Also, they have of late been very particular about carry on luggage also (number of bags, weight and size).

Be aware all domestic Australian Airlines have much lower bag limits (number and weight) that International. Also, they have of late been very particular about carry on luggage also (number of bags, weight and size).

I think Princess flies Qantas on their domestic legs so the baggage allowance will be the same as international - 23kg checked bags + 7kg. THe dimensions of International Carry on luggage is larger than the dimensions for Domestic Carry on luggage in Australia.

Check your tickets because some itineraries do vary.

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies! I'll have to check with Princess as to what airline will be used for our land tour. Fortunately, 23kg = 50 lbs, the checked luggage weight limit that I'm used to seeing! Heck, I even pack a portable luggage scale to make sure I don't exceed the limit when flying home from international travel. Once I know the airline for our land tours I'll check their dimension requirements for a carry on...if worse comes to worse I can always check the carry on. My main concern (other than surviving the long flight from Illinois :)) has been that the large piece of luggage will be stored while on land tour. We leave Jan. 19th for the Jan 22nd cruise - getting excited!