Staying at airport hotel vs galveston?

3girlsofmyown

Just to be clear, you're flying into Houston Hobby and sailing from the Port of Houston (not Galveston)?

If so, I'd also check on the price of the cruise ship shuttle from the airport to the port. It might be less than a cab.

An airport hotel will have a shuttle back to the airport the day of the cruise. We've done this several times with no problems.

Have a great cruise!

After much deliberation, we've decided to stay at the Doubletree Hobby. They have a shuttle that goes to the airport. We're actually going to be renting a car for a few days so we can go out to Johnson Space center then we'll return the car Saturday night and shuttle to the airport on Sunday day of our cruise then take the Carnival transfer day of the cruise to Galveston. We've checked other options and this seems to be the least expensive and work the best. there are only 2 of us (my husband and self.) we were going to do Drury Inn which also has a shuttle or Marriott south but after speaking to some people they told me that those hotels besides being right on the freeway are in a bad area of town. the doubletree across the street from the airport looked like it was in a better area and not to much more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
After much deliberation, we've decided to stay at the Doubletree Hobby. They have a shuttle that goes to the airport. We're actually going to be renting a car for a few days so we can go out to Johnson Space center then we'll return the car Saturday night and shuttle to the airport on Sunday day of our cruise then take the Carnival transfer day of the cruise to Galveston. We've checked other options and this seems to be the least expensive and work the best. there are only 2 of us (my husband and self.) we were going to do Drury Inn which also has a shuttle or Marriott south but after speaking to some people they told me that those hotels besides being right on the freeway are in a bad area of town. the doubletree across the street from the airport looked like it was in a better area and not to much more expensive.

Thanks for this info. I'm checking on places around Houston (coming in at HOU) and they are so darn expensive. This place seems to have the best rates so far out of every place I have checked. :)