DCCruiser57 - a request

oxypete

"We were on the Sojourn earlier this year and just returned from the Spirit and I scan in copies of the daily newsletter (the Herald) and I have examples of the complimentary wine lists, the premium wine lists, and also the Gold and Silver Wine packages. If you would like copies I can e-mai them to you."

My wife and I will be sailing on the Spirit soon. Could you please e-mail the wine information mentioned above to me. Any thoughts on the Spirit would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Pete

oxypete44@gmail.com

Oxypete - let me know if you received the wine information. We did 14 days, roundtrip from St. Maarten. We stayed 2 night prior to embarkation at the Le Petit Hotel in Grand Case on the French side, a very nice boutique hotel with only 10 rooms and right on a nice beach. Lots of restaurants as Grand Case is know as the culinary capital of St. Maarten.

Embarkation was very smooth as a large percentage of the guests were doing 14 days round trip from Barbados (mostly folks from Great Britain as there are non stop flights). We were in the cabin by 1 PM. Service was great and we knew several of the crew members from prior cruises. Food was very good except on 3 occasions - two dishes were tough (one was fish) and a third was too salty.

The last day of the cruise was supposed to the beach BBQ at Prickly Pear but it was cancelled and we went directly to St. Maarten. The ship apparently experienced mechanical problems with it's desalinization equipment and the water supply was low. Also, we were supposed to stop in Road Bay, Anguilla but the waves were to rough so we went around the island to Cove Bay and tendered in. Only thing there was one restaurant and a mediocre beach.

We did have the beach BBQ at Mayreau and it was excellent. It was out 3rd time at Mayreau and it's a very beach with good facilities. We were disappointed as the MDR was closed for lunch every day except for the beach BBQ day. Jost Van Dyke was a great beach day and Seabourn ran a shuttle bus to White Bay.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Interesting that you had to go to the other side of Anguilla and also cancel your beach day due to the water plant. We were on the same cruise

last year and had the exact two things happen to us on the spirit. Seems an odd set of circumstances...

We are also sailing on the Spirit 14 day exotic Caribbean in Feb. It will be our farewell to the Spirit as we cannot travel later.

I would appreciate a copy of the complimentary wine list if it is not too much trouble.

my email; is linda dot newton at talk21 dot com replacing the 'dot' and 'at'.

Thank you. Also have you any idea who the CD, hotel manager, captain and exec chef will be? not sure how long ago you sailed.

Linda - I sent the complimentary wine list along with the gold/silver premium package list. Let me know if you received it. We sailed the last week of November and 1st week of December. CD was Suzanne Gayle, HD was Michael Prantz, Captain was Stig Betten, Executive Chef was John Pugh, and Maitre'd was Filipe Riberio. Not sure if they will still be on in February.

• 1 month later...