Which ship off fantasy class is good and which ones are bad

ccleveland

What did you love about the elation? How was the cruise when you went through the gulf of Mexico- was the seas rufer than the sea around the Caribbean places like cayman islands, jaimaca, etc?

I'm just hoping the weather in Feb will be warm in the Caribbean

why do you prefer the fantasy over the bigger ship?

By the way, I have to change my cruise till feb now because of my work. Im hoping that I can find a good one. Im still stuck between tampa, jacksonvolle, or even new Orleans. The Bahamas cruises are cheap (fasincation) but im wondering if I should do the paradise on a caribbean

We are sailing the Elation on Febuary 16th, The day before Mardi Gras Day. Come in early and enjoy some south Louisiana fun.:)

Of the fantasy class my favorite is the fantasy herself. The main reason her i like her is she has decor easy on the eyes unlike her sisters. Charleston isnt as bad as some would have you believe imho. It is just a ver very different setup then most ports. You are shuttled to the cruise terminal in buses from the parking garages. But everybody has an opinion so this in mine lol.

A very big plus is the free handicap parking in Charleston.

I went from the Allure (largest cruise ship) to the Fantasy, and I still enjoyed it very much. We have been on the Fantasy numerous times. Not my favorite cruise, but it was very enjoyable.:)

Happy sails.

Kathy

What did you love about the elation? How was the cruise when you went through the gulf of Mexico- was the seas rufer than the sea around the Caribbean places like cayman islands, jaimaca, etc?

I'm just hoping the weather in Feb will be warm in the Caribbean

Why not join the Dream out of NOLA on Feb 1st? The prices are pretty good since we are close to sailing.......... got a great group of people going!!!! And NOLA? How can you beat that????

Carole

Here is my two cents. We love the Fantasy class ships... they are our favorite class. Favorite is Elation. As you can see below we have been on it more than 10 times and are doing a B2B on it Jan 19 and 24. The staff has always been great. We love to meet new people and it seems easier to do on the smaller ships. My husband says Fantasy class is more "intimate"... less people.

Love to sail out of N.O. It is our favorite departure port.

Best luck on your decision.

I would totally do the dream but the price is I think close to $400 or something like that and I'm not sure that I can do a seven day considering that my wife owns her own salon shop and she needs to get back to work lol. But the dream was amazing when it was at Port Canaveral I did a 7 day with the dream for my honeymoon and that was the best ship I've been on so far.

Actually I am now trying to decide between New Orleans for the Carnival Elation or at Tampa for the Carnival Paradise both are Caribbean but I'm a little worried about the Gulf of Mexico see being a little bit more rough in the Western Caribbean

If you've been on the dream class...you most likely will not like fantasy class....I won't sail fantasy class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Certainly everyone is different and we each have our opinion so I will respectfully disagree with Dustin224 on this. We have cruised on several classes of ship including the Dream and Fantasy Class.

For us.....each ship has it's own merits. We liked the variety and "newness" of the Dream class ships but we equally love the Fascination and Sensation. These ships provide a totally different dynamic. Smaller, easier to get around, (proportionately smaller crowds), excellent contact with crew, etc.

I have yet to find a "class" of ship that was unacceptable. For us, it's more about doing your research and understanding what you will be getting with each ship. If you want a huge experience with tons and tons of fellow cruisers and seemingly endless options of stuff, go big. However if you enjoy a more moderately sized crowd on a less "huge" scale, choose something smaller.

Every single one of them is a blast to sail on if you choose for it to be.