Which ship off fantasy class is good and which ones are bad

ccleveland

The Fantasy-class are the smallest ships and the Dream-class are the largest ships. I have been on Fantasy, Ecstasy, and Elation. They rank in this order.

1. Ecstasy

2. Fantasy

3. Elation

In order we like

Elation

Paradise

Inspiration

Imagination

Must say the Imagination has gone up on my list after our last cruise. It wasn't even on the same page before.

I have been on the Fantasy and Fascination. They both were great ships and I would sail on both again. I actually think the Fantsy seemed a little more modern though.

The port of Charleston is different. It is not that it is bad. They are limited with space and seems like they have utilized it the best that they can. It wouldnt stop me from sailing from there again. When we did, we arrived at the port at 10:15. They won't let you park until the other cars have left the terminal. It ws about 11:15 before they started letting us pay and park. We were onboard by noon.

It is hard to get an answer as to which is best and worst as you can have different expectations and experiences. Personally, I don't care for the Fantasy class in general, but I wouldn't hesitate to get on one if it was the only way I can afford to cruise. Short 3-4 day cruises are nice.

I like the elation because it offers 5 day cruises out of new Orleans.:) most of the time the 5 day are cheaper than the 4 day cruises.

I have been on every class of carnival ship. just my opinion, I like the smaller ships.:)

I would enjoy any carnival ship!!:)

We love the Fantasy class...even though they are getting old and don't have all the bells and whistles of the newer bigger ships....We know our way around...the halls seems wider to me...and it's just not as crowded as some of the bigger ships.

My favorite was the Elation..but we'll be sailing the Fascination for the third or 4th time next month:D When you can get a guar OV 5 day cruise with a private island thrown in for 149.00 PP...it's our duty to go...can't stay home for that price:D

Edited by jbhcw
grammar

Of the fantasy class my favorite is the fantasy herself. The main reason her i like her is she has decor easy on the eyes unlike her sisters. Charleston isnt as bad as some would have you believe imho. It is just a ver very different setup then most ports. You are shuttled to the cruise terminal in buses from the parking garages. But everybody has an opinion so this in mine lol.

So you like the fantasy? I heard that the fantasy ship isn't so good and the Charleston terminal isn't good at all? I been on the breeze and the dream ship and it rocked. I'm little worried to try the smaller class ships

Going backward could possibly present a letdown. We started with the Fantasy class ships and our favorite was the Fantasy. The décor, the setup, the service, the itinerary (at the time - not sure what it is now) were all perfect! We had our first mid-ship cabin and loved the location and convenience of it. It was an inside cabin.

After having been on the Breeze, there's almost no going back for us. Things like Guys Burger joint, the option of having a cabin right on the Lido, things like this are the deciding factor for us there.

We've been on the Fascination many times and it's fine, with our cabin being perfect mid-ship right off of the lobby/shore excursion/guest services area. We've also had ocean-view mid-ship on the main deck. We never did a balcony; but they are very much the same size as the ocean-view but with a small balcony. It was good, and good dependable service at a very reasonable price. For an inexpensive getaway, I'd go this way again and again.

You're getting a vast mix of responses here because, unless a ship is bad more often than not, or above the clouds good every time, a cruise experience is very personal based on each person's priorities, likes, dislikes, etc..

My first cruise was a 6 day on the Breeze in 2013 and it was awesome. From there I was hooked. My second cruise was this past May on the Ecstasy and although it really can not compare to the Breeze it was still an awesome ship and vacation. I wouldn't hesitate to sail the Ecstasy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not say that you would not like fantasy class after sailing on a Dream class. We enjoyed our sailing on the Elation. We enjoyed the lack of lines, even stuff that was hard to get to or takes a while (Mongolian Wok, Omelettes) were not that bad to wait for. On the dream the wait for an Omelette could take 30 minutes or more.

It definitely felt like you saw all of the same passengers all over the place, but there were plenty of things to do.

I personally, LOVE the Fantasy Class ships. I've sailed most of 'em over, and over again, and never get tired of the relaxed, non crowded atmosphere of these ships. Wish Carnival would build NEW ships this size, but I know it ain't gonna happen. I'm going to enjoy them while they are still here. :cool:

"SKY"

Our first cruise was on the old Jubilee. Talk about a small ship, absolutely dwarfed by the Fantasy class. It was retired shortly thereafter. Been on the Dream and the Magic, just came off the Freedom. You can really tell the difference in ship sizes, amenities. Much prefer the larger ship. Further, even though the Freedom had been renovated, it still popped and creaked when the newer ships didn't.

I have fond memories of the Paradise as it was my ship for my first two cruises. It was also non smoking back then.

However, my least favorite cruises were on the Holiday and the Elation. I just won a free cruise and I won't even consider sailing on a fantasy class ship, even for free.

I have fond memories of the Paradise as it was my ship for my first two cruises. It was also non smoking back then.

However, my least favorite cruises were on the Holiday and the Elation. I just won a free cruise and I won't even consider sailing on a fantasy class ship, even for free.

Pass the free cruise here then. I'd sail on a Fantasy class ship again in a heartbeat. Especially the Elation.

Wow great info guys!! So if you had to choose between fantasy, fascination, or sensation then which one would you choose?

I am worried a little with the ship being smaller and feeling it rock back and forth a lot more than the bigger ships the entire cruise. The creaking or noises actually sounds kind of cool lol

Pass the free cruise here then. I'd sail on a Fantasy class ship again in a heartbeat. Especially the Elation.

For some reason loved the Elation...have sailed the Ecstasy, Fantasy, Fascination and Elation...sailed her out of Port Canaveral one January and then out of San Diego in June...just a nice looking ship..and the crew was great!