Celebrity Solstice Speciality Dining

vrogers

I have an upcoming cruise on Solstice in January and just wondering are the speciality restaurants worth paying for? And if so do I need to pre book before we board or can we just make the decision on the hop? My first time on celebrity so not sure of the protocols with respect to this. Also anyone with any tips or tricks for newbies on Celebrity. Off to the South Pacific also a new destination for us. Thanks in advance. V:)

Murano is the French inspired "silver service" specialty restaurant. We went twice on our last cruise. First time was fantastic. Second time, not so much, with staff dropping trays and they forgot our birthday celebration cake (pre-organised). Tuscan Grille is also wonderful and if you can get a table at the window overlooking the wake of the ship it just cant be beaten. We booked online prior to the cruise. Murano was full every evening based on info from our fellow cruisers so may be best to arrange that one beforehand. The others seemed easy to arrange onboard.

I have an upcoming cruise on Solstice in January and just wondering are the speciality restaurants worth paying for? And if so do I need to pre book before we board or can we just make the decision on the hop? My first time on celebrity so not sure of the protocols with respect to this. Also anyone with any tips or tricks for newbies on Celebrity. Off to the South Pacific also a new destination for us. Thanks in advance. V:)

We ate at both Murano and Tuscan Grille and thought both were well worth the cover charge. Friends tried Silk Harvest and enjoyed it.

I suggest you book online to avoid disappointment as these restaurants were booked out only a couple of days into our cruise.

cheers

Stu

Murano is the French inspired "silver service" specialty restaurant. We went twice on our last cruise. First time was fantastic. Second time, not so much, with staff dropping trays and they forgot our birthday celebration cake (pre-organised). Tuscan Grille is also wonderful and if you can get a table at the window overlooking the wake of the ship it just cant be beaten. We booked online prior to the cruise. Murano was full every evening based on info from our fellow cruisers so may be best to arrange that one beforehand. The others seemed easy to arrange onboard.

Also forgot to mention, first sea day of the cruise there is usually a "Market Day" where the specialty restaurants demonstrate and explain all the dishes on their menu and even offer sample tastings. The senior wait staff and executive chefs of each explain the composition and cooking of each of their creations. Really quite interesting and lets you see if their menu really appeals to you. Also allows you to take a really good tour of each venue.

We thought the food in the main dining room was fantastic and didn't feel it necessary to spend the extra $ on the specialty restaurants. A lot also felt the same on our cruise and the specialty restaurants would have a person posted outside the elevators on return from each port day trying to convince people to make a booking at the specialty restaurants that night. Some discounts were being offered too.