Northwest Strike - Any Stories to Share?

We flew NWA returning from our cruise on Sunday (Orlando to Chicago). There were workers wearing placards in front of the airport when we checked in, but that's the only sign we saw that there was a strike at all. It didn't affect the flight schedule in any way. Of course, that was only the second day of the strike, so that might change.

On a separate note: both coming and going, on a 2 1/2 hour flight we didn't get so much as a bag of peanuts. Sheesh! :p

We flew NWA returning from our cruise on Sunday (Orlando to Chicago). There were workers wearing placards in front of the airport when we checked in' date=' but that's the only sign we saw that there was a strike at all. It didn't affect the flight schedule in any way. Of course, that was only the second day of the strike, so that might change.

On a separate note: both coming and going, on a 2 1/2 hour flight we didn't get so much as a bag of peanuts. Sheesh! :p

[/font']

Thanks for the quick reply......

According to our reservation, on our 4 hr flight from Memphis to Seattle we can BUY a snack box for $3 :rolleyes:

I flew about an hour after the strike started and had no issues. My BF flew Sunday night and home on Tuesday and his flight was delayed both ways by about 15 minutes each way.

The snack boxes aren't bad, I actually always get one. They are about the same amount of food that you would get buying a bag of one kind of thing (like combos or soemthing) from an airport store, you just get a variety. Since those stores charge about $3 anyways, its a trade-off.

They have never really done much for flights under 3 hours because it is sometimes hard enough to get the beverage service through, especially if there is any kind of turbulence.... My flights are almost always over 3 hours though so I get offered the boxes when I'm in coach (which is most of the time).

They do apprecaite you having exact change if you're going to buy a box though.... they don't give them cash to break big bills iwth so if you are in the front and give them a $10 bill, they will probably have to get back to you after they are done with your change, just a head's up....

good luck and enjoy your flight!

Archived