Posh on Epic - my critique

pe4all

Having just come off Epic yesterday morning, just a few comments re: Posh. We were lucky enough to get one of the 20 Posh passes they sold. ($59 pp for the week.) Figuring this was a Christmas cruise, with lots of kids onboard, we didn't feel like fighting for loungers anywhere, and an adults only area was appealing to us. We had done Vibe on Breakaway, and loved it! We were in boarding group one, went right over to GS, and got passes 12-15. The family behind us was sweating it out, but got the last 5 passes sold. So - was it money well spent? Definitely, imho. I was always up there by 7 a.m., but even so, lounges were hard to come by after 9. In fact, people (I guess Haven guests) were complaining there were no lounges when they got up there by 10 on sea days. Meanwhile, the sundeck on 18 (right next door) was a well-kept secret until the last sea day! In Posh, the fresh fruit skewers and ices they came around with now and then were a nice touch. Having unlimited towels was great! Also, having a dedicated bar was a pleasure for soda refills for us. HOWEVER - my one complaint was that there was no way to cool off up there!! Why a shower or a hottub wasn't built in that area is beyond my understanding! It got really hot up there- especially on port days - and it would have been nice to get wet down now and then without having to go down the elevator to the pool or sprayers on 15, or go out and around to the sundeck shower. (which we found out about on the next to last day!! :p:D) We knew there weren't any hottubs or pool up there, but figured there would be at least a shower. Besides that "flaw" we loved it, had a great cruise, and look forward to our next NCL cruise.

I had the same impression until I realized I could walk up the stairs to the 2nd level. It was a lot breezier and more often than not, I was the only person there. The downside is the staff rarely makes it up there, so I had to get my own drinks, but I can deal with that.

Edited by iaa

Having just come off Epic yesterday morning, just a few comments re: Posh. We were lucky enough to get one of the 20 Posh passes they sold. ($59 pp for the week.) Figuring this was a Christmas cruise, with lots of kids onboard, we didn't feel like fighting for loungers anywhere, and an adults only area was appealing to us. We had done Vibe on Breakaway, and loved it! We were in boarding group one, went right over to GS, and got passes 12-15. The family behind us was sweating it out, but got the last 5 passes sold. So - was it money well spent? Definitely, imho. I was always up there by 7 a.m., but even so, lounges were hard to come by after 9. In fact, people (I guess Haven guests) were complaining there were no lounges when they got up there by 10 on sea days. Meanwhile, the sundeck on 18 (right next door) was a well-kept secret until the last sea day! In Posh, the fresh fruit skewers and ices they came around with now and then were a nice touch. Having unlimited towels was great! Also, having a dedicated bar was a pleasure for soda refills for us. HOWEVER - my one complaint was that there was no way to cool off up there!! Why a shower or a hottub wasn't built in that area is beyond my understanding! It got really hot up there- especially on port days - and it would have been nice to get wet down now and then without having to go down the elevator to the pool or sprayers on 15, or go out and around to the sundeck shower. (which we found out about on the next to last day!! :p:D) We knew there weren't any hottubs or pool up there, but figured there would be at least a shower. Besides that "flaw" we loved it, had a great cruise, and look forward to our next NCL cruise.

Not the same as showers or a pool, but there are misters built all along the back wall (to the right of the entrance). Great idea, except they're no longer working. I agree and sought shade while up there on the transatlantic.

• 4 months later...

"Meanwhile, the sundeck on 18 (right next door) was a well-kept secret until the last sea day!"

Hi, I know this is an old post but am interested to hear more details about the sundeck on 18. I've read in some other reviews about this quiet sundeck but wasn't sure if it required the Posh pass that you have to pay for or if it's a communal area open to anyone who is lucky enough to find it! Can you please confirm that the two areas are separate and extra payment is not required to access the sundeck on 18. Also, if the location of the (free) sundeck is so hard to find that passengers only stumble across it at the end of their cruise (!) would someone mind giving detailed directions on how I can find it and start using it from the beginning of my cruise (commencing 29 November 2015).

Many thanks.

"Meanwhile, the sundeck on 18 (right next door) was a well-kept secret until the last sea day!"

Hi, I know this is an old post but am interested to hear more details about the sundeck on 18. I've read in some other reviews about this quiet sundeck but wasn't sure if it required the Posh pass that you have to pay for or if it's a communal area open to anyone who is lucky enough to find it! Can you please confirm that the two areas are separate and extra payment is not required to access the sundeck on 18. Also, if the location of the (free) sundeck is so hard to find that passengers only stumble across it at the end of their cruise (!) would someone mind giving detailed directions on how I can find it and start using it from the beginning of my cruise (commencing 29 November 2015).

Many thanks.

The entire area in green is open to the public. Take the starboard elevator (bottom right in the drawing)

9c7cc9a9-0100-4e7b-b3a9-5c48588c36c1.jpg?rnd=0.2786646