Cell phone and Internet

number1cruiser

My friend had a question about using her cell phone and the internet while on board. She may have to work some while we are cruising. She has AT &T service and will be getting International calling for a month with Unlimited texting,internet and .49 a minute calling.

My question is will she be able to log on through her phone to the internet without buying

time through Carnival. Also while at sea if she uses her phone still be at the higher rates.

Thanks for the help

My friend had a question about using her cell phone and the internet while on board. She may have to work some while we are cruising. She has AT &T service and will be getting International calling for a month with Unlimited texting,internet and .49 a minute calling.

My question is will she be able to log on through her phone to the internet without buying

time through Carnival. Also while at sea if she uses her phone still be at the higher rates.

Thanks for the help

She needs to check with her cellphone provider to the cost of data on her phone plan. The amount of data that she can use will probably limited . Over charge on data can be very expensive. She should probably try to do her work in port .

I just asked and my friend and the plan includes unlimited data also

Thanks

Anywhere outside of her service area she will incur charges for text, voice and data. ATT has international pans available, last time I looked there was no unlimited data with these plans.

We found it easier and just as cheap to call from the cabin at $1.99/minute. No charge for busy or unanswered calls.

Last year our ATT international plan was $2/minute. Calling from the ship on a cellphone is $2.49/minute.

ETA: Have her check the plan carefully. Only a few countries and areas within those countries have unlimited internet

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/roaming.html#fbid=UyLmOMOdjCU

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/global-countries.html#fbid=UyLmOMOdjCU?hashlink=m

Her regular plan will work in the US territories- San Juan and the USVI.

Edited by SadieN