Illness in FP?

Jake84

Has anyone had trouble with travelers diarrhea, misquito illnesses, or food poisoning in FP? We did get the Hepatitis A/B vaccine- the travel medicine clinic we went to was very leary of the foods, peel all fruits, no salads, and said only bottle water, and never ice in a drink etc. Are they being overly cautious? Are the food guidelines for off ship only??

Jake, I don't think you will have any problem with Tahiti. It is not a third world country. Everything there is very clean an modern. I don't remember anyone ever getting sick. We ate where ever we wanted to and usually stuck to bottled water except for the hotels where the water is fine to drink. We usually ate food on the ship because the food in Tahiti is so expensive not because it is unsafe to eat. We also ate fresh fruits ashore several times with no problems. Sounds like they gave you advice for Mexico.

Mike

No worries with food or drink with any of the islands of

the South Pacific, including Tahiti, Fiji, Vanuatu, Cook Islands,

Samoa, etc.

Your clinic definately sounds like they were giving you info

on 3rd world countries...doesn't give much confidence in them

if I were you.

So you can now go on the cruise and enjoy...

:)

Our doctor said that everything should be fine. We both have already had Hepatitis A/B shots, simply because you can get it anywhere, including North America. We aren't too worried. I've talked to lots of people that have taken this cruise, as well as done pre/post cruise stays, and never had any problems, so we should all be able to enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived