Can you use a Celebrity gift card towards your fare?

gsu_paintballer

Yes they can, call the 1800 number on the back of the card. This puts you in touch with a special division at celebrity who are very good at what they do. I use them frequently as I get them as safety award.

Edited by breezeone

• 3 weeks later...
Yes they can, call the 1800 number on the back of the card. This puts you in touch with a special division at celebrity who are very good at what they do. I use them frequently as I get them as safety award.

What if you're using a TA? I emailed our TA about it and she doesn't seem to familiar.

When you're logged into your account, there should be something in the top left right about "I want to...." that says "Verizon Smart Rewards You have 66,060 points."

You get the points for the money you spend (we got them just for paying our bill). there are lots of cards for a 10% discount when you use some of the points.

We used at $500 Celebrity gift card we got from one of our credit card companies to make the deposit on our May 2014 Baltic cruise. We booked with a TA and had to walk him thru the process. It was all fine until we had to cancel last minute--I had a cardiac cath the day before we were supposed to fly to AMS--when we filed out insurance claim we were told the gift card portion was not covered because it was not cash, check or credit card....The other note to all of this was we could use the gift cards when we booked, but not for final payment.

We used at $500 Celebrity gift card we got from one of our credit card companies to make the deposit on our May 2014 Baltic cruise. We booked with a TA and had to walk him thru the process. It was all fine until we had to cancel last minute--I had a cardiac cath the day before we were supposed to fly to AMS--when we filed out insurance claim we were told the gift card portion was not covered because it was not cash, check or credit card....The other note to all of this was we could use the gift cards when we booked, but not for final payment.

Hmmm. I've already booked, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to then.

I was looking at purchasing one for my parents as a gift. When you read the fine print it says they can only be used on new bookings.

Since I'm well inside final payment with no rate change, I might see if they'll bend that (or I could just cancel and rebook, which is well worth the time to save $200).