Independence of the Seas New Year's Eve Cruise Review

I forgot to mention one more thing! When we showed up at muster drill, none of the crew members were calling off cabin numbers to make sure that everyone was present. Later that same evening, we received a nasty-gram in our cabin saying that we didn't show up to our muster drill! :eek:

Just curious, is the muster drill held in centralized locations or on the promenade deck? Do you take life jackets, or is it like Oasis class ships where they are at the muster stations? We are on Indepence in October so I am curious.

Thanks for the review.

Andrew

QTbabynurse, thanks so much for all the information you are giving us. So happy to read you had a great time. Any information and ideas you can give us would be great. Did RCCL give or do anything special for the NYE cruisers? Disney gave out free champagne in plastic commemorative glasses, a good size box of chocolates with Disney Dream 2015 NYE on it and a picture as well as party hats.

Thanks so much.

There were party hats and favors at your dinner table that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious, is the muster drill held in centralized locations or on the promenade deck? Do you take life jackets, or is it like Oasis class ships where they are at the muster stations? We are on Indepence in October so I am curious.

Thanks for the review.

Andrew

It was held outside on deck and you did not need to take your life jackets...yeah!! We did however actually have life jackets in our cabins unlike when we sailed the Allure.

:D Well??? :D

How I wish we could this year again but we are saving up for a land based vacation this year instead which we had planned to do with other family members. Maybe for NYE 2017!

Jumping in on the Rock the Boat bandwagon! They are awesome! Our first cruise was in 2011 on Indy and after we discovered them, we spent every night in the Pyramid Lounge, other than the night they played on the top deck in Palma, Majorca (and got shut down by the local authorities for being too loud!).

Second cruise we were on Adventure, and we were so disappointed that they didn't have anyone as good as RTB. I think we were just spoiled!

There was a specific thread about the band on here the other day. I commented on that with the following copy comment from their FB page (get yourselves over there - they have over 1,400 "likers"). This was posted on 3rd January:

"Happy New Year to everyone from Kev Dave Mark and me. All is well on the Indy and we're down to 7 weeks until we say goodbye after almost 7 years residency.

Still no confirmation about the Anthem for 2015 ..... so don't ask hehe."

Hopefully they'll get onto Anthem - would certainly help sway my decision when choosing another trip!