adding 3rd passenger after final payment?

ginka

We are booked and paid in full in a OV gaurentee on Carnival Sunshine, sailing Feb. 20th, 2015. My adult son is now considering going along. Is it possible to add a 3rd passenger to our room, and becuase he is an adult, would they even allow 3 adults in one room. It is obviously considerably more for a single room.

We are booked and paid in full in a OV gaurentee on Carnival Sunshine, sailing Feb. 20th, 2015. My adult son is now considering going along. Is it possible to add a 3rd passenger to our room, and becuase he is an adult, would they even allow 3 adults in one room. It is obviously considerably more for a single room.

Not all cabins hold 3 people but this class allows for roll aways,

Yougotta call to see if he can be added. With the cruise being soon cabins for three might not be found.

See if you can get a cabin for 3 people with 3 beds as that roll away takes up precious floor space

I have cruised with 3, 4, & even 5 adults in a room. But the room must be designated to hold that many people, & the ship cannot be at capacity. Since it's a February sailing (low-demand time), I cannot see the ship reaching capacity, unless they are training hundreds of extra crew. That would be quite unusual. Sailings at that time tend to sail at several hundred under capacity.

If you are not already in one, you will have to switch to a 3-person room of some sort, either with the 3rd person being in an upper bunk or sofabed or a trundle/rollaway. If the room is designated for only 2, you cannot book a 3rd person in there. Even though the sofa could be a bed, if it's not a designated bed, you cannot book a 3rd person in there. Even though there will probably be extra rollaways available, if the room is not designated to take a trundle/rollaway, you cannot book a 3rd person in there. So it just depends on if you have or can switch to a 3-person room of some sort.

We had a similar situation, of adding a 3rd person after final payment and room assignment for guaranteed OV, which was booked on sale for a great price. (5day/$169) We had to cancel that booking and make a new reservation, for new price because our room was not designated a 3 person room. It was disappointing, but I fully believe any day on a cruise is a good day!

All rooms will not accommodate three people. There must be enough life jackets in the room. And no they will not move them around at will. Those life jackets must remain in that stateroom unless removed during an emergency.

I don't know if the Sunshine was grandfathered in under the Destiney name but newer ships do not allow for roll away beds.

To the OP since you are in a guarantee you might get lucky and Carnival will let you add the third person under your old rate but it is not likely. They will likely make you cancel and book for three at the current rate. (which would be in accordance with their rules)

Edited by springs741