Seattle Downtown Hilton or Maxwell Hotel

fadingmemory

I have reserved both hotels at the moment. The price for the Hilton is $20 cheaper than Maxwell, but not enough to make a difference. Maxwell gets better reviews than Hilton, but Hilton is closer to downtown and Pike Place Market. We’ll be flying into SEA TAC at 11:30am and leave for Vancouver on Amtrak the next morning. With the limited amount of time we have in Seattle, which will be a better choice?

I'm also a fan of Hilton family hotels in general, but the Maxwell is our favourite hotel in Seattle so for $20 I'd go for the latter in this case. It's in a quieter area of town, versus the Hilton being just a block from I5, and with an early start next day for the Amtrak you'll want to maximise your chance of a good night's sleep...

Another thing to think about - you won't be spending all day in the market, so if your other To Dos include any of the Space Needle/EMP/SciFi/Childrens Museum/Science Centre/Chihuly, Maxwell is perfectly located for them. SAM & Underground would be closer to the Hilton.

If Hilton points are a relevant factor in the decision for you also consider the Hampton Inn 'downtown' which is basically three blocks east of the Maxwell, just as convenient for the sights around Seattle Center (and the free 'grab'n'go' breakfasts are very convenient when you're getting the morning train).