Champagne in drink package?

Not sure when you plan to go but this little special thru the end of January prompted us to upgrade to the Ultimate Package:

Celebrate the holiday season with some bubbles. As an added-value to our guests, the Ultimate Beverage Package will now include a complimentary limited edition Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs holiday bottle (one per stateroom) and bottomless Moet & Chandon champagne by the glass.

Time Frame: November 2014 - January 2015

Yes, up to $8 per glass in the Select Package and $12 per glass in the Premium/Ultimate packages.

What champagne is available for only $8/glass, or is it sparkling wine? (Not saying there isn't good sparkling wine out there, just curious about what is going for 8 bucks.)

What champagne is available for only $8/glass, or is it sparkling wine? (Not saying there isn't good sparkling wine out there, just curious about what is going for 8 bucks.)

There used to be a Chateau St. Michelle Brut for $8. Haven't had it lately, so I don't know if it's still $8.

There used to be a Chateau St. Michelle Brut for $8. Haven't had it lately, so I don't know if it's still $8.

Thanks. A search for that only comes up as a U.S. wine, in which case it's not champagne. Sorry if I missed something on line by that name from Champagne.

Thanks. A search for that only comes up as a U.S. wine, in which case it's not champagne. Sorry if I missed something on line by that name from Champagne.

Hello,

My experience has it that (in Europe) it's 'Chandon Brut' made in either California, Argentina or Australia retailing for USD$17, appx GBP£12 or AUD$24 per bottle. To be fair (not normally in my nature) the winery is owned by Moet and Chandon.

Regards,

Cublet

My experience has it that (in Europe) it's 'Chandon Brut' made in either California, Argentina or Australia retailing for USD$17, appx GBP£12 or AUD$24 per bottle. To be fair (not normally in my nature) the winery is owned by Moet and Chandon.

The purest in me wants to clarify that Champagne is only considered as such when grown and manufactured in the Champagne region (as told to me, oddly enough, on a Domaine du Moet et Chandon tour).

Last I saw, you could get Piper-Heidsieck ($14.50), Veuve Clicquot ($14), Mumm Cordon Rouge ($11) as Champagne selections; it may in fact be a different selection on ships that feature the Champagne bar.

As mentioned, if the price per glass is over your package allowance, I believe you just pay the difference; can't confirm as I spent the night with my friend Mr. Bottle instead.

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks. I personally think that Domaine Chandon (from California) is an excellent sparkling wine for the money (very reasonably priced). As noted in the comment quoted below, it's not champagne (I too am a purest about that). I'll happily drink good sparkling wine, but that's what I will call it. :)

The purest in me wants to clarify that Champagne is only considered as such when grown and manufactured in the Champagne region (as told to me, oddly enough, on a Domaine du Moet et Chandon tour).

Last I saw, you could get Piper-Heidsieck ($14.50), Veuve Clicquot ($14), Mumm Cordon Rouge ($11) as Champagne selections; it may in fact be a different selection on ships that feature the Champagne bar.

As mentioned, if the price per glass is over your package allowance, I believe you just pay the difference; can't confirm as I spent the night with my friend Mr. Bottle instead.

Thanks!