Carnival Glory - 4/18/15

Jenny in TX

We just booked a cruise on the Glory leaving on April 18, 2015 (only 101 days until sailing)!!

We are going to fly in to Fort Lauderdale on the 17th and will need a hotel. What port does the Glory leave out of and can someone recommend any hotels close to port to stay in the night before. We will probably just grab a taxi or hotel shuttle to get to and from the airport, hotel and port. I would love a hotel with restaurants within walking distance so we can walk to dinner that night.

We just booked a cruise on the Glory leaving on April 18, 2015 (only 101 days until sailing)!!

We are going to fly in to Fort Lauderdale on the 17th and will need a hotel. What port does the Glory leave out of and can someone recommend any hotels close to port to stay in the night before. We will probably just grab a taxi or hotel shuttle to get to and from the airport, hotel and port. I would love a hotel with restaurants within walking distance so we can walk to dinner that night.

The Glory leaves out of the Port of Miami.

We were going to book this cruise but had to change our plans and booked Liberty instead.

We just got off Glory on the 3rd. We flew into FLL on the 26th for a 27th sailaway. We took the "Go Shuttle" to miami and it was a Town Car that surprisingly fit our luggage. Probably only because southwest lost my sisters checked bag. Anyway the point is we stayed in Miami Sheriton Airport Hotel for the night and it was ok. They DID have a restaraunt so that is my point here. Lobby was nice rooms were only acceptable but with 24hr pool and considering we were only there for hours it was fine. Breakfast buffet was not cheap but it was onsite and hit the spot as well as having room for our large party. Sorry about typos just wanted to mention this was one of few if any hotels with food onsite.

I have not been there yet, but planning to in May. From what I can see, the two closest hotels to the port are the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn. The Intercontinental has a restaurant inside and the Holiday Inn is across from the Bayside Marketplace where there are several places to eat. I am planning to stay at the Holiday Inn. I have heard good things about both. If you google and zoom in you can see where they are on the map.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/PortMiami,+Miami,+FL+33132/@25.7773975,-80.1874651,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x88d9b43c1f91e06b:0x46d17e0617abe2f5