transfer to prague

annej

hi all, we are taking the viking river cruise from budapest to nuremberg and want to go to prague, although since i have hilton points i don't want to take the viking extension - does anyone know if there are other ways to get to prague - are there buses available/limos, thanks for the help

Have you looked on trip advisor website? http://www.tripadvisor.com

We travelled cheaply, comfortably and quickly on the Prague Vienna route of Student Agency buses. This company travels many routes in central Europe.

Rail or air may be other options.

Trip Advisor Prague forum provided excellent information about the city.

A quick check on the German rail site (bahn.de) shows that you can get a bus from the Nuremberg train station leaving at 9:40 and arriving in Prague at 13:20.

Regular fare is 53.70 Euro with an early purchase price of 29 Euro.

Fuelscience

We are using this company from Passau to Prague. He is picking us up at the boat, and he is stopping in Cesky Krumlov for us and waiting for us for 3 hours. Extremely reasonable. There are 6 of us. They also do Nuremberg to Prague. He is going to take us directly to the apartment that we rented, and he'll also pick us up 4 days later and bring us to the airport.

http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/

Edited by stretchcruz

hi all, we are taking the viking river cruise from budapest to nuremberg and want to go to prague, although since i have hilton points i don't want to take the viking extension - does anyone know if there are other ways to get to prague - are there buses available/limos, thanks for the help

We did the same Romantic Danube cruise, ending in Nuremberg a few months ago. We took a private transfer from Nuremberg to Prague and stayed for 3 nights in Prague (not with Viking) in a hotel of our choice. We also used http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk

We shared the ride with another couple so there were four of us. We used them again to get to the airport from our hotel in Prague.

We also had a great guide in Prague....if interested let me know and I will send you the info.

We used Jana Hronkova and we will be with her again in April with 4 of our friends. A very wonderful intelligent young woman is now doing Rick Steves tours as well. She made sure she would be in Prague for us when I emailed her in the fall. Her email is janahronkova@hotmail.com Tell her Dobie sent you. She will tailor your day to whatever you want to do. ..mixture of walking and public transportation. She'll find out what you are interested in and go from there.

Edited by stretchcruz

Just did this on our own in December 2014. We had just completed Viking Heart of Germany cruise. We took a taxi arranged by Viking to the main train station in Nurenberg. Cost was 40 euros would have been more if there was traffic. Right outside the main train entrance is a stop for the DB bus to Prague. This bus is run by the same company that does all the trains in Germany. I reserved online before leaving the states. The sooner the better to keep ticket price low. Second class sits on the second level and bottom level is for first class. Second class was fine. There is even an attendant on the bus. No stops until you get to Prague which is about 3 hours. As you drive in the train station the taxi driver will drop you off in the driveway. There is a sign on a metal pole that says IC Bus. They tag your luggage and put under the bus in the baggage compartment. When you arrive in Prague at the Prague train station you will see a taxi stand ahead of you in the direction that traffic is going. Do not be surprised if they quote a very large amount in Czech kroner. You need to negotiate the price down. We used a guide service for one morning, Personal Prague Guide. Very good guide. We made arrangements before we left home through their website and email. Stayed at Marriott in old towns. Final night was at Prague Airport Courtyard which was right across from terminal 1 and connected to terminal 2 by a covered walkway. Very convenient

We used Jana Hronkova and we will be with her again in April with 4 of our friends. A very wonderful intelligent young woman is now doing Rick Steves tours as well. She made sure she would be in Prague for us when I emailed her in the fall. Her email is janahronkova@hotmail.com Tell her Dobie sent you. She will tailor your day to whatever you want to do. ..mixture of walking and public transportation. She'll find out what you are interested in and go from there.

Jana is lovely! I have also spent time with her when in Prague.

As for transfer, I recommend the DB bus. The ride is about 3hr and 15 minutes, the buses are comfortable and have a WC and the price is reasonable.