Any craft beers on Dream?

pawsue521

Hubby and I are craft and real ale fans (not always the same thing and the porters and stouts brewed over here are not really craft ales in a sense) and found Carnival's beer selection slim.

We giggled at them being so proud of that Thirsty Frog muck but found all Florida sailings have Cigar city brews. Now I know that does not help you for now but maybe for the future?

What did help a little was hunting unique ales in ports on the holiday to keep us going so you could try that as well?

Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada Pale will be all the craftier brew you'll find on the Dream. (though both are getting a tad on the big production side) You might find a Guinness Draught in the can at one of the bars. Pilsner Urquell is also available. Not a craft brew but certainly a better beer than the domestic big beer selections.

As far as the ports that the Dream stops at you'll need to look hard for local craft beer. In Mexico, lyou might get lucky and find a bar that carries Cucapa Obscura or their pale ale, but they mostly distribute to the West Coast.

there's a place in Playa del Carmen, Club de la Cerveza, that carries several types of Mexican craft beers and has other craft beers from all over. Selection will vary. I don't think they have a sister store in Cozumel. If you've got craft brew jones, a ferry trip might be worthwhile. Just don't linger too long. Their on Avenida 5 and Calle 38 near the soccer stadium.

Look for Caybrew in Grand Cayman. In Jamaica look for Big City's Jamaica Stout.

I wish Carnival would bring in other brews other than the same crud they've had for years. No IPAs? Really? Please hire a new beverage director!!
Hate to throw salt into an open wound, but check out page 2 of the link below. We will be sampling come November when we're on the Equinox for 10 days.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf