Chef's Table - Inspiration

ChristyVoltron

My husband and I found out we have to tent for termites (great 2015 so far) and decided at the last minute to take a four night cruise on Carnival to Mexico next week. We signed up about a week ago and I emailed Event Planning about getting a chef's table reservation. I have seen the posts from others and the food looks and sounds incredible. I did research past posts and the responses did not say (a) how long it takes to get a response re the reservation request, i.e., are we too late to go through email and (b) how soon do you have to get on the ship to get a reservation through Guest Services? Are the reservations extremely hard to come by, i.e., should we go to the port early to see if we can get in? :confused:

I have done the Chefs table on this ship! It is amazing! When i emailed them it took about a week for them to get back in contact with me. Make sure you bring your camera! You can take pictures while in the galley! I wish i would have known that sooner.

My husband and I found out we have to tent for termites (great 2015 so far) and decided at the last minute to take a four night cruise on Carnival to Mexico next week. We signed up about a week ago and I emailed Event Planning about getting a chef's table reservation. I have seen the posts from others and the food looks and sounds incredible. I did research past posts and the responses did not say (a) how long it takes to get a response re the reservation request, i.e., are we too late to go through email and (b) how soon do you have to get on the ship to get a reservation through Guest Services? Are the reservations extremely hard to come by, i.e., should we go to the port early to see if we can get in? :confused:

To make a reservation for the Chef's Table use this email address that I used for my reservation, ISMAITRED@carnival.com. Let us know what happens.

Tom:)

I believe it's $75 per person

I'll probably go on our September cruise. Not really DH's thing, so I'll be flying solo. :p

Correct it is $75 and you can tip for it. When we went we tipped $50 so $200 for the 2 of us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are going on the 19th, you are in luck as our favorite Chef (see sig) will be back from leave. We've done CT four or five times with him, it's an amazing evening. Tell Chef Russel hi from Susan and Brian!

To make a reservation for the Chef's Table use this email address that I used for my reservation, ISMAITRED@carnival.com. Let us know what happens.

Tom:)

I emailed the maitre d' and we got in!! Thank you SOOOO much!!!

And if it is Chef Russell we will certainly pass on your hellos!

Edited by ChristyVoltron

• 1 year later...
What does the Chef's Table include? Is it a meal or a tour?

It is a phenomenal multi-course meal, educational experience, galley tour, warm chocolate melting cake demonstration and poetry in motion (watching the sous chefs prepare the courses right in the room with you). It is fantastic to watch the care they take in prepping each course. The chef describes each course as it is being prepared and served, talks about his role on the ship, menu planning and answers questions about food service. You can take pictures of the food and its preparation but cannot take pictures during your tour of the kitchen/galley. At all of ours the ship's magician has performed between courses for our enjoyment.

Edited by isaiahsnana
added information