Emerald Princess Delay Question(s)

DISNEYANGELA

My group of 8 is scheduled on the Emerald out of HOU on February 1. I have been reading about the really long delay they encountered this past Sunday and had missed Roataan but picked up Costa Maya. It doesn't really matter to me because I will be away form the snow for a week. :D because we do private excursions and are not "lay on the beach people", nor are we "go to a bar people" IF we switch ports how realistic is it to walk off the boat and get a snorkel shore excursion for 7 of us? All the research I have found seems to indicate that snorkeling, although great, isn't as available as diving or the ruins.

Also I should mention that I do not like the snorkel shore excursions offered by Princess, I have NEVER had one where it has turned out well. And sine we have ages 12-55+ in our group I have discovered private is much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My group of 8 is scheduled on the Emerald out of HOU on February 1. I have been reading about the really long delay they encountered this past Sunday and had missed Roataan but picked up Costa Maya. It doesn't really matter to me because I will be away form the snow for a week. :D because we do private excursions and are not "lay on the beach people", nor are we "go to a bar people" IF we switch ports how realistic is it to walk off the boat and get a snorkel shore excursion for 7 of us? All the research I have found seems to indicate that snorkeling, although great, isn't as available as diving or the ruins.

Also I should mention that I do not like the snorkel shore excursions offered by Princess, I have NEVER had one where it has turned out well. And sine we have ages 12-55+ in our group I have discovered private is much more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There are always tour operators available on the dockside at the ports.

My group of 8 is scheduled on the Emerald out of HOU on February 1.

Come over to our Roll Call and ask your question there. Quite a few have experience with this itinerary and will probably be able to answer your question.

The spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bC9fdS7F5Jjb7WEyG_2fItWM3xo2v9fdutXX3i3Bz8Q/edit?pli=1#gid=0

The roll call thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1882760

Edited by JF - retired RRT