Taxis in Calica?

LewLew

When a cruise ship is in port they are lined up as far as the eye can see.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

• 1 month later...

Hoski's right. As a matter of fact, cabs are about ALL you'll see when you dock at Calica. UGLY place, nothing but a huge rock quarry and a few little vendor stalls with VERY pushy people.

In Sept., the taxi fare was $10 per cab to PdC.

• 1 month later...

Rides can be as wild as six-flags. Thank god for margaretas, Didnt know when you made a left hand turn they pulled to the sholder. Thought he was going to make us walk the rest of the way back to the ship..:rolleyes:

The first time I was in Calica, I shared a cab into Playa with other passengers, but on the way back I was by myself. The ship was sailing in 40 minutes and I was nervous to get back so I left the rest of the group at Senor Frogs. WARNING..don't be alarmed when the cab driver pulls off the road into a parking lot (I thought I was a goner), it is a mandatory check point for taxis. But I got scared again when he entered the road to the pier and then ventured through this road which seemed to go through a woody area. It was dark by that time and I thought how fast can I run. I can see the ship, etc. All kinds of thoughts going through my mind. I reached the ship ok and next time when I was in Calica I took the taxi back during daylight hours and saw the road and felt better.

Archived